There's A Twig In Your Hair

"Hey Gen," I look sideways at Julie to see her full body facing me, her hand held up next to my head. "There's a twig in your hair."

"Oh," I say. "Then take it out then."

She smiles, saying a simple "okay," before reaching out to pick it out.

I honestly didn't know how a twig got in my hair but I really didn't care. All I really cared about right now was Julie. Odd to hear from myself but it's kind of the truth.

I'm a confusing teenager, I know, we're all like that.

And currently I was hanging out with Julie like I usually did. That's a total lie because I usually don't do this, really it's because of that smile she gave me. You wouldn't believe how damn adorable it is.

"Hey Gen," she says again. I'm really curious on what she needs now.

"Yes," I sigh turning my head to face her.

"Nothing," she tells me. "I just want you to pay attention to me."

I bite my lip in attempt to hide my grin and turn away. This girl is just so weird. But yet I'm really enjoying her weirdness.

"Attention whore," I mutter, snickering when I saw Julie narrow her eyes.

She suddenly smiles and her cheeks take a pink tint, this just makes me raise an eyebrow.

"Only for you."

I roll my eyes and sigh. I'm not ever going to tell her how odd I felt hearing that.

"You're so weird Julie, I'm really wondering why I went here with you." I let my head hang back a little, my face now faced the sky. I could feel her staring at me. I'm sure my ears are red right now.

"That's why you love me," she jokes. "You just can't resist me Genevieve."

"Jeez, you're so forward, you know?" I let the corner of my lips barely curl up in a smile. "But maybe you're right, I totally can't resist your weirdness." Although my words were laced with sarcasm there was a bit of truth in there. I'm not going to tell her that though.

There's got to be something wrong with me.

She let's out a content sigh and leans back against the wooden bench we sat on. I glance her way just to see her smile.

"Are we friends now?" She asks, her eyes darting to me. Her eyebrows are knitted together and she waits for my response.

But the thing is, I don't know how to respond. Are we friends? Do I really consider her a friend?

It's been a week since the day I stayed at her house, since then I have been hanging out with her. But yet I'm still not sure.

What would I consider a friend?

I don't have friends. This was slightly new to me.

"Genevieve," my train of thought is broken and I look in front of me to see the person I really wouldn't have wanted to see. It saved me from answering the question but the cost seemed to be my feelings.

The blonde, stunning as ever, stood in front of me. Smiling, she barely glanced at Julie.

"Hi," my voice sounded much harsher than before. It was unintentional but yet at the same time I meant it. "What do you want Alice?"

I didn't want to be a total bitch right now, I just wasn't in the mood.

"Nothing really," she looks away, chewing her lip nervously. "I just saw you here and I wanted to say hi." She smiled sheepishly, "So, hi."

"That it?" My bitch mode was switched on and I knew my tone was extremely rude.

"Y-yeah," she looked down and back up with a small smile. "Bye then."

She walked away and I glare at her as she does. She made me angry, not only because of what she did but because of how I feel when she is around. The feeling is unwanted.

"Who was she?" Julie looks genuinely concerned and suddenly my bitch mode is switched off.

"No one you need to worry about," I tell her. She nods as if she understands. She wasn't childish all the time.

A goofy grins sets itself on her lips and she looks at me. Fuck, she's adorable.

"Can we get ice cream?"

"Yeah, okay," I sigh making sure I sounded annoyed and stood up, following her to the ice cream shop she spotted. Sometimes I really don't think it's pity that makes me nice to her. It can't be, I'm sure of that now actually.

And as she walked, each step seemed to have a bounce in it. She was excited. She really seems to love ice cream.

And I'd be lying if I didn't think she was completely adorable.