Eight: Run in(to) Eijirou

"Now then! Time to blow this joint!" All Might pulled out the lot boxes again to assign the next match. "Time to move on the the next match."
Up next were team B as the heroes and team I as the Villains. When the timer started, Shoji used his quirk to locate where the villains were hiding the weapon. When it seems like he informed Todoroki on where they were, Shoji left the building.
"What's he doing?" I wonder confused. Todoroki puts his hand on the wall beside him and the whole building begins to freeze. I instantly began to shiver when I feel the cold. I tugged at my gloves to try and pull them higher up my arm, but I just wrap my arms around myself when that doesn't work.

Both members on the villain team have their feet frozen to the ground, so they can't move anywhere. Todoroki easily finds the weapon and places a hand on it to claim it. At this point, everyone in the monitoring room was shivering. My teeth started clattering and I tighten my grip on myself to try and warm up a bit
"He incapacitated them without comprising the weapon or his teammate. Take close not of his technique students." All Might instructs.
"Woah, he's so strong!" Eijirou says.
"T-that was a..q-quick match.." I say still shivering.
"The hero team WINS!" All Might sings. Hearing those words, Todoroki defrosts all the ice instantly. The room we all are in instantly gets warmer, but I'm still freezing cold.
"That guys kind of intimidating." Kaminari says.
"He got in on recommendation so he must be good." Asui adds.
"Moving on! Time to gather around for a review of the second match. After that, well jet on over to our next battle." All Might declares heroically.
"Yes sir."

"Alright class, the next two teams to battle are Team H and Team J." Our teacher says pulling out the two lots. 'Alright, my turn.'
"Team H, you will be the heroes and Team J will be the villains. Now, let us go to the next location!" Everyone nods and begins to walk over to the next building.
"Young Hanzo, while everyone is filing into the monitoring room, you go around and meet the hero team." All Might instructs as we walk. "Yes sir." I answer.
I follow his directions and meet up with Asui and Tokoyami in front of the building.

"Hanzo? Are you with us?" Tokoyami asks seeming surprised.
"Yep. Do you guys know who we're up against?" I ask.
"Kirishima and Sero." Asui answers.
"Should we come up with a strategy?" Tokoyami asks.
"Ribbit. I think one of us should go sneak around to find the weapon while the other two fight off the villains."
"Okay, but who sneaks around, Asui?" I ask.
"I told you to call me Tsu. And I think you should do it because snakes are really sneaky and you have good senses."
"I'm alright with that," Tokoyami says.
"Just one thing," Tsu says.

"You won't eat me right..?"

"Nah, were good. I'm not gonna eat a friend, even if she's a frog." I promised with a light giggle.
"Battle begin!" All Might shouts.
We all look at each other and nod before walking into the building. Tokoyami summons his demon, Tsu climbs up the wall, and I duck into a dark hallway and begin my search.

'Concentrate Taya, where's the weapon?' I stick my tongue out to try and find it. 'Fourth floor. Bingo!' I peek out into the main hallway and glance at Tsu. I tap my toe on the ground four times. She nods and I take that as my cue to go find it. I slip down hallway after hallway and go up a flight of stairs before running smack into what felt like a brick wall. I stumbled back and held my nose. "Ow!" When I look up, I see Eijirou standing in front of me with a grin on his face.
"So you're on their team, huh?" He asks.
"Geez, Eijirou. Do you have to use your quirk just walking down the stairs? It felt like I ran right into a wall." I said.
"Sorry. Wait, doesn't your quirk make it to where you can sense when people are coming?"
"Well yeah, but only when it's my intention." I explain.

"Taya, how it going?" Tsu asks through the ear piece. I put my finger to my ear to answer.
"Fine. I ran into Eijirou on the third floor, but hopefully this'll be quick." I reply.
I take some steps back and look back at Eijirou, starting to activate my eye.

You see, my quirk has many different aspects to it. My nails can sharpen on my will and when they touch something, it'll paralyze it. My right eye acts similarly. When I activate it, whoever I look at will be paralyzed by fear. The only drawback is that person has to feel at least somewhat intimidated by me. Since my nails won't penetrate his shield, my only other option in this fight is to try using my eye.
Eijirou almost seems confused on why I was staring at him. When he smiles though, I know it didn't work.

"Are you trying to win me over with your cool tongue tricks?" He asks.
"What?! No!" I retort with slightly burning cheeks. "I can't use my powers on you, so I guess it'll have to be a normal fight on my end!" I said swinging my foot under his legs trying to trip him. He jumped out of the way before swinging his hand at my arm. Before he could hit me, I ducked out of the way and stepped back before swinging my leg and kicking him in the chest. He stumbled back with a grunt before running toward me with a readied fist. I dodged again and threw another kick, but this time he grabbed my ankle and swung me around, letting me hit the ground when he let go. I sat up a coughed for a second and when I stood up, I felt his arms go around my torso, pinning my arms to my side.
"What are you-?"
'He's got the capture tape! Shit!' He chuckled and quickly wrapped it around my arms a few times.

"Hah! I win!" He says with a grin.
I wriggle around trying to get out of the tape, but I tripped and landed on my butt.
"No fair!"
"Of course it's fair! I caught you." He said.
"Well, I better go protect the weapon from the others. See ya Taya!" He says with a wink before running off. I huff and lean down so I can touch my earpiece.
"Tsu, Tokoyami." I call.
"I'm here. What's going on?" Tokoyami answers almost immediately.
"Eijirou beat me. Now he's coming your way, so look out." I say.
"You got it. Asui is about to sneak into the room where the weapon is. She has a plan that I'm pretty sure will work. Just hang tight." He says.
"Okay. Thanks Tokoyami." Soon after I say that, I hear our teacher over the intercom.
"The hero team WINS!" He shouts happily.
"They did it! Now if only I could get out of this tape.." I said wriggling around trying to snap it. 'Dang, this tape must be made so you can't just break it with force.' "I just need something sharp." I mumble out loud.

"I got it." I look up to see Eijiro standing in front of me. He hardens his hand, leans down and cuts the tape from around me. "That was a cool fight. You're pretty tough." He said holding his hand out. I take his hand and stand.
"Thanks. Your quirk is crazy strong. My nose still hurts from running into you earlier." I said rubbing the bridge of my nose dramatically. He laughs before cutting a piece of his tape and putting it across my nose.
"Well, I can't preform the surgery here, so this'll have to do." He says laughing. I giggle before elbowing him in the arm.
"Come on, let's get out of here and watch the rest of the fights." I say.
"Sure."