Chapter 18 - Knockout.

Lennon

Harry was still fast asleep, lightly snoring into his pillow as I crept as quietly as humanly possible out of the bedroom. Harry was like a human radiator in his sleep. The whole bed was above a good twenty-five degrees, I couldn’t take it much longer. Yet there he was, still sound asleep, much to my annoyance. Last night, once again he completely stole the duvet to the point where he had wrapped himself up in it and barely left me enough to cover a quarter of my body - it probably didn’t help I was lying right on the edge of the bed though.

I spent most of the night mentally smacking Harry, although I couldn’t quite bring myself to do it in reality. I didn’t understand him and to be perfectly honest, I don’t think he wanted to be understood. He was either very moody, or bipolar, but I doubt that latter. One minute he would be comforting me and with the flick of a switch he’d be back to being an ignorant twat - to put it nicely anyway. I didn’t understand why he was like that but I was pretty sure I got on his nerves somewhat, just like he got on mine.  

Just like I managed to sneak out of the bedroom silently, I followed suit with the rest of the house. No one else seemed to be awake. I couldn’t blame them though, it was barely seven in the morning. My eyes were still covered in sleepiness and I may have forgotten to brush my hair. It was fine, I didn’t intend on staying in the public eye very long. I had however managed to pull on a pair of jeans and a hoodie before leaving Harry to his dreams. 

The tube was busy, of course. It was the time everyone was leaving for work. It was the time I used to leave for work most days. It felt weird travelling back on the underground. It hadn’t even been a week but yet I still felt my freedom was slowly being pulled away. And I hated knowing that it was for a good reason, it should never be for a good reason.  

I tried to make the most of every second I was experiencing, knowing it could be a while before I returned to this sort of normality. I hadn’t even thought of the consequences, that’s if they were any when Harry and the others found out I had taken a little trip over the other side of London. 

I oddly smiled as the tubed pulled up to Bethnal Green, which was odd considering this place normally made me frown. Mainly because it meant seeing two people I didn’t like and being faced to live up to the fact I owned a bedroom in a really crap house share.  

For some reason I felt it would be best to keep my head low as I power walked through the streets and up to the front door of the house. Just like we had arranged, I arrived exactly on time and Dom swung the door open greeting me on the dot. I smiled up at him and practically launched myself into his arms, gripping hold of his muscular body tightly. It was nothing like hugging Harry, Dom’s hug was definitely more sincere and heartfelt, it actually meant something for longer than a few seconds. 

Dom ushered me inside and handed me the cup of coffee I had been needing badly ever since I hauled myself out of bed that morning. I took it gratefully and sat down opposite him on the tired, worn out sofa. Last night as Harry had been sleeping soundlessly I spent a good hour texting Dom. I didn’t want to tell him anything over text because anyone could get hold of my phone, and I wasn’t just talking about Harry. I told Dom I’d rather talk it out in person so there I was, a mere six hours later sat opposite him.  

“Are Jason and Emma in?” I asked firstly, my eyes darting up towards the ceiling where their, or actually Emma’s bedroom was.  

“Yeah but they didn’t get in until about four so they’ll be out of it all day.” 

“Doesn’t Emma have work today?” 

“Probably. I don’t know. She just seems to follow Jason around these days.”