neuf

🍦

🍦

the constant sound of keys being tapped echoed throughout the cafe, and the occasional sound of pages flipping over complimented it nicely. it almost sounded like a classroom, but the lack of students made it different. josh and tyler had picked one of the tables in the far corner, so they were out of sight. it was a special spot for tyler, one that was always reserved for when he came in. the brunette was busy typing up a document onto his laptop as joshua educated himself via reading a book tyler had lent him from the library in the back, the only possible way to get there was through the door the old lady had entered from earlier.

tylers eyebrows furrowed in frustration as he suddenly came to stop. he let out a low groan, attracting the attention of joshua, he looked up from the pages of his book and looked at the boy. he smiled at the lines that appeared on his forehead, how his lips were formed in the perfect pout. his eyes scanning over his words. josh laughed quietly, as tyler almost forgot another person was in his presence.

"you okay there, bub?" josh asked, looking down to the laptop that was placed on the table.

tyler nodded slowly as he picked up his chai latte from its holder and sipped it generously. josh followed his every action, as if he was studying the boy's behaviour. he bit on his lip slightly, amused about how concentrated tyler was in that moment.

"y-yeah. just a little stuck, j-joshua." he mumbled, viciously hitting the backspace key.

"you need help, sweetheart?" he raised his eyebrow.

tyler bit his plump lip as his chocolate orbs met with under josh's gaze. he considered the offer, but felt slightly nervous as to what josh's reaction would be. it wasn't one of his emotional documents. it was educational. the boy nodded eventually as josh motioned for the boy to sit on his lap. josh folded the page he was on and closed the book, placing it to his side as tyler moved over to sit in his lap. josh quickly scanned what tyler had written, the younger boy bit down on his thumb, awaiting josh's response.

"what's this, honey?" josh was very clearly confused when it came to what tyler had written.

"w-well because i dropped out a year early, i-i decided to sign up f-for an online course." he softly spoke, watching as josh's lips formed a mesmerising smile.

"but you're nineteen, correct?" he frowned.

"yeah. i felt a little upset t-that everyone got their chance to g-graduate. i didn't so. i p-picked a few classes i wanted to do." he smiled, hoping that josh would understand.

"i completely understand. well whatever you need help with, i'll be here." josh pressed a light kiss to tyler's temple, causing the boy's cheeks to flush pink.