Chapter Twenty-Five

"Gerald?" I said, the words barely leaving my mouth.

"Watch your steps." He said in a nonchalant tone.

He was actually standing in front of me. I had intended to go to his house later today but I was pretty sure that he wouldn't have opened for me, but he was now standing in front of me. His arm were still draped around my waist from when he stopped me from falling when I bumped into him.

He cleared his throat, moved his hand away from my waist and started to walk away. Realisation hit me and I quickly stopped him.

"Gerald wait." He stopped in his tracks, his back still to me. I walked to where he was and faced him.

Luckily the mall wasn't that busy so there were just a few people walking by who were too busy with themselves to notice us. I noticed Nate standing opposite me and watching Gerald and I.

Gerald stared at me with curiosity on his face.

I took a deep breath and decided to get straight to the point. "Why did you send that text?"

"Didn't the text explain that already?" He replied, not showing any emotion.

I was about to reply until I got cut off.

"What text?" Nate asked. I hadn't even noticed him walk next me.

Gerald clenched his jaw and then unclenched it. It looked like he was trying to suppress his anger.

"Didn't she tell you about the text?" Gerald asked Nate.

"Of course she did, I'm just pretending to not know for fucking kicks." Nate said and gave Gerald an icy glare.

Oh crap, I hope they don't start fighting. Again.

Gerald sighed. "Why didn't you tell him about it?"

How the fuck did this become about me? I was asking the questions and not the other way around.

I didn't answer, instead I just crossed my arms across my chest and just stood there, not knowing what to say because I honestly didn't know why I didn't tell Nate myself. Maybe I was scared that he'd think I wanted to be with Gerald and not him and leave before he was actually supposed to. I can't afford that, it's bad enough that he's leaving already.

"Why did you do it? Just a few hours earlier you wanted to rip Nate's head apart from his body and now this?" I asked Gerald.

"Is no one going to fucking tell me what the fuck the both of you are talking about?!" Nate said, sounding agitated.

Gerald sighed, pulled his phone out of his pocket and after doing something on it he tossed it at Nate. Thanks to Nate's fast reflexes he caught the phone in time before it fell to the ground.

"Read it." Gerald told Nate.

After Nate read the message he tossed the phone back at Gerald and walked away, not even sparing me a glance.

"Nate!" I called after but he just walked away and I only got a few weird looks people but I didn't really care.

What was his issue? Why'd he just walk away like that? Does he not wanna be with me? Maybe, and that's why he walked away because he got angry that Gerald let me go to him. I shook my head. I was being stupid, Nate had told me that he loved me many times before.

I looked between Gerald and the crowd of people where Nate went of in.

I bit my lip. Should I stay here and question Gerald or run after Nate?