ELEVEN

❝so tell me, how does it feel to know you get to me like no one has before?❞

"AND THE TWO lovers are back once again. Y'all just can't stay away from me, can you?" Buck laughed, causing me and Dally to shoot him a glare.

We sat at our usual seats in the bar, Buck already pouring our drinks. I caught my glass as he slid it across the table, and put it up to my mouth, feeling that same burning sensation. It felt good. It makes me know that I'm not completely numb.

After Dal took a sip of his vodka, he turned towards me. "So, Cinderella, you still going to hang around Parker?"

I chuckled. "I don't know, but if I do, he'll sure get more than a piece of my mind."

"A piece of your fist?" Dally guessed, causing me to crack a smile.

I sighed, moving my glass back and forth, causing the whiskey to move side to side. "Dally, can I tell you something?"

He shrugged. "Sure."

"Promise you won't tell anyone." I spoke, looking him straight in the eyes.

He rolled his eyes. "I promise."

"I act like I'm not scared of anything, but really I am scared of one thing." I exclaimed, knowing I probably shouldn't be telling him this.

I wasn't drunk either. I was just vulnerable.

"Naomi Reid, scared of something? Oh, I have to know what it is." Dally replied, amusement thick in his voice.

"I'm afraid of loving someone." I spoke softly, drinking the last bit of whiskey that was in my glass.

Dally wasn't saying anything and I knew he thought it was stupid, but I didn't care. I needed to tell someone this. I sat down money for Buck and turned towards Dally. "That's why I do what I do. I don't let people in, they hurt me. Which sucks because I already let you in."