07

"I don't trust that girl" Rebekah had made sure that Cassandra had definitely gone before she turned and spoke her mind "there is something about her, something sinister"

"Don't be so over-dramatic, sister" Niklaus didn't really want to carry on with the petty argument, he just wanted to go out and hunt for a meal. "What's done is done, she is on our team"

"I completely agree, Niklaus" Elijah felt smug when Klaus took his side "Rebekah, you do not understand the amount of power I felt when near this mortal vampire"

Yes, Elijah didn't have the opportunity to explain every part of the story, for everyone was too caught up in Cassandra. "He stood above me, I could feel his breathing on my neck, for the first time in a long time I actually feared for my life or my sanity, nobody knows if they can turn others or not"

"Hopefully the witch has the answer" Klaus added "or any information that could lead us to finding the answer and the culprit"

"The witch has a name" Elijah snapped firstly "and I'll be going alone tomorrow to see what she has"

"Alone?" Rebekah asked "the last time you went alone you brought trouble straight to our door"

Elijah felt his skin burn as anger immediately switched to his main emotion. He was infuriated that he wasn't trusted "yes, Rebekah, she is a witch, and yes we have had experience with witches trying to kill us" he snapped "the girl saved me from the danger I had put myself in"

Elijah did exaggerate, but his siblings didn't have to know who saved him or if this thing ran off with another body. All they had to know was that when Elijah woke up, she was there.

"If you disagree with me then you are on your own, sister" Elijah had never been so cruel or sharp to his sister, it was usually Niklaus that could be classed as the relentless one.

Rebekah looked stunned, as Niklaus sunk back in his chair with a smug grin plastered on his face. He loved the drama.

"Now I need an answer, Rebekah" Elijah lowered his voice slightly "I cannot lose any more vampires, this creature needs stopping, now. He's killed people we all knew, he killed Florence, he killed James..." He listed.

Rebekah clutched her necklace and looked towards the floor. James was the young vampire that she took a shine too, but all stories come to an end, and James' ended when he was left on the Mikaelson's front step with no blood left in his system.

It was a low blow, bringing up his death to Rebekah, but that's what he needed. He needed to strike her down in order for her to see that he was right.

"You're right" Rebekah uttered quietly, she had been defeated "the witch can stay"

Elijah smiled in victory; he did feel slightly guilty for bringing up the whole James thing, but he also brought up Florence, and it did hurt.

"But can I address something" Klaus turned and faced both of them "the witch you've chosen is very pretty, don't you agree?"

Elijah didn't reply. He did agree but he knew that Klaus would use that piece of information to tease him for centuries.

"Please focus on our task in front of us, we have a large fight" Elijah replied "the wolves are being effected.."

".. Some of them believe that the witches had something to do with it" Klaus replied "a warrior gone wrong, forcing it to hide in the darkness, forcing it to take action on whoever created it"

"Maybe it cannot stop" Rebekah added "the thirst for blood turning disastrous, maybe they enacted their revenge on the witches but now have nobody else to feed on, so they're feeding on innocents"

"I guess we will find out, when I read the book Cassandra has" Elijah said "tomorrow"

"Until then" Rebekah stood taller, her eye glaring out of the large window, the light of the city glowed behind the trees, but the darkness engulfed their immediate surroundings. She walked up, followed by both of the brothers, nobody knew what was out there amongst those trees, nobody knew if someone right now was meeting their end.

Nobody knew.

Rebekah looked down, slowly taking the hands of her brothers who stood either side of her.

"Heaven help us"