Dirty Little Secret [Kstar]

Vik is tired of being JJ's dirty little secret. When JJ refuses to let their relationship go public, he unintentionally pushes Vik away in the process. When he finally realises he can't go on without him, will Vik have moved on?

Word Count: 1270 Words

~✖~

Olajide Olatunji wasn't one to dream. When he did, something was usually something wrong, or something had scared him. This time it was because he had a blowout fight with a person who meant the most to him. Vik was tired of the hiding. He was sick of the sneaking. He didn't like JJ only grabbing his hand to tug him into a darker space for a quick kiss. 

The two boys were polar opposites - JJ was one of the most popular guys in school, while Vik was a lot lower down on the social ladder. He didn't like how JJ would hide their relationship from everyone else. As if he were JJ's dirty little secret.

Vik told him. He just nodded like he fully understood. But he didn't. Vik knew that he didn't. He seemed fine with it all, although he claimed he wasn't. Vik got so sick of it he gave him a choice. He could either tell his friends about their relationship, or he was done with him.

He just frowned and touched Vik's face, stating that Vik knew that wasn't possible. With that, Vik turned around and left. He ignored JJ calling his name and his glances for the next few days. When they walked past each other at school and he would brush his hand to Vik's, he resorted to walking with his arms crossed.

It bothered JJ more than it should. He had broken up with people before, girls and boys had broken up with him before. Normally he was fine and would just push the thoughts out. This time he couldnt. He was physically not capable of letting Vik go. After two days he broke and pretended to be sick, spending most of the morning in his bed crying like he was some child who had been disallowed his pocket money.

He gripped his pillow and remembered sneaking Vik in here with him one afternoon, when JJ had talked the younger boy into skipping school with him. They did no more than soft kisses and cuddles but it was a memory he wouldn't forget - at the time didn't cherish because he thought there would be many more. Some time throughout that he fell asleep. Then the nightmare started.

It started off simple. He was himself - he was sat in his bedroom, on his computer. JJ was bored. The house was rather quiet, he figured his parents were out. He opened a new tab on his web browser and typed the link to Facebook in the toolbar. He began to scroll down his newsfeed. Everything he saw was all boring to him; a new shop opening in town, an irrelevant argument on someone's status where he had wasted a good 5 minutes reading all the comments. One of his friends from school, Ethan Payne, had posted a selfie of himself with a girl. JJ laughed to himself - he always thought Ethan was a closet gay. As he continued to scroll, he spotted a photo that another of his school friends, Josh Bradley had posted, and it felt as if his heart stopped.

There stood Vikram Barn, a face he hadn't seen since their last year of school. He hadn't talked to him since he gave him the ultimatum. He was stood next to another guy he recognised from school, Simon Minter, beaming from ear to ear and Simon had his arms wrapped around the smaller boy. 

The more JJ stared at the picture, the more his heart hurt. Like physically hurt. He felt like someone was squeezing it.

His breath caught in his throat and he was up in seconds, sliding his shoes on and running towards the house that he knew all too well.

He took a deep breath and knocked twice on the door. A few seconds passed and JJ heard footsteps approaching where he was standing. A shocked looking Vik answered the door.

"Olajide? What are you doing here?" He quizzed, rising to his feet. JJ hated it when Vik called him that.

"Vik, I'm s-so sorry," his voice was barely above a whisper. When he heard his voice crack, he suddenly felt stupid and juvenile again, like that day many years ago. Vik shook his head.

"No, Olajide. You do not get to show up years later after I am happy and moved on and tell me that you changed your mind. Because I don't care. I'm in love. I'm in love and not with you." He paused as his voice started shaking. He crossed her arms and continued, trying to level his voice. "He kisses me in front of his friends, something you didn't do. When I've had a bad day, I don't have to wait for us to be alone before he holds me. If I want to talk about the future he doesn't shy away!" he finished, barely holding on.

JJ felt tears fill his eyes as he thought of all the times he had pushed Vik away. He took a step forward and Vik stepped back 3 paces, shaking his head. "Leave" he spoke, voice shaky but stern. JJ opened his mouth to speak but he was quickly cut off. "LEAVE! Get out Olajide, I don't want to see you right now."

He dropped to his knees and tried to reach out for Vik, but he was gone. His eyes opened and the first thing he seen was the plain ceiling on his bedroom. Sweat covered his body and his head burned, but not as much as his chest, his lungs were sore, and he felt like throwing up. But he couldnt focus on that right now. All he could think about was Vik. He couldnt stop picturing him in a relationship with somebody else. He quickly dressed into his school uniform, clambered to his feet and he ran. 

His shoes were on the wrong feet and he looked a mess but he didn't care. He ran. He ran through the gates and down the corridors, he pushed past students and up the stairs, heading through another hallway, dodging people until he saw the raven-haired boy that he was looking for.

"Vik!" He screamed his name, aware of the many people that turned as he ran past, staring. But he was only watching one person, waiting for those dark eyes he'd fallen so in love with to turn back. They did. JJ ran and grabbed him so hard that he nearly fell to the ground. Vik gasped and gripped JJ's shoulders to avoid tumbling over.

"Jide, are you mad?" Vik asked, pushing away from him. He shook his head quickly, trying to catch his breath.

"No. But I am sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I want it all. I want to kiss you every morning and cuddle you every night. I want to hold your hand as we walk from class to class and sit by you while we eat," the words were tumbling out before he could think. He had almost forgotten that the pair were surrounded by curious students who were listening to their conversation, eyes wide. "I love you," he continued. "I love you so much. It hurts and I can't lose you," he finished speaking, his words coming out in a rush.

Vik stared at the taller boy in disbelief, everyone else in the hall was still, watching. Vik didn't care about who saw. He suddenly let a smile stretch across his features as he threw herself into JJ's arms, burying his face as deep as it would go into his neck.

JJ held him close and they stood like that. Neither willing to move. They finally got their happy ending.