seventy five

The words leave his lips and my heart swells, all the pain I've felt in these past months being soothed by the sweet sound of his rough voice. I shut my eyes briefly, biting my lip to keep from smiling like an idiot.

Zayn is still speaking and I feel bad for tuning him out, but all I can think about is Harry is here, he's behind me and he's breathing.

Elizabeth is obviously to the entire thing happening. She has tears in her eyes from Zayn's words, but as far as I know she hasn't seen that Harry is sitting directly behind us.

Zayn finishes speaking and Perrie begins her vows, a wide smile spreading across her face.

My leg bounces up and down impatiently. I am in complete shock.

Maybe I imagined it?

I turn and peek over my shoulder again, just to be sure.

He's already looking at me when I lock eyes with him, the same smirk on his face. He runs his tongue over his lips, blinking at me. His dimples carve into his cheeks just like I remember, and I swear to God, he winks at me. Winks.

"Shit," I breatbe, whirling back around.

"What?" Elizabeth whispers.

"Nothing," I hiss.

I try to pay attention to the wedding after that, I really try, but I just can't. I don't even blame myself, really. Harry is sitting behind me, with that stupid smirk on his face.

God damn it, Harry.

Finally, Perrie wraps up her vows and the rings are exchanged. I smile widely when the two kiss, Perrie's arms thrown around Zayn's neck as everyone claps and cheers.

Elizabeth and I stand as the walk back down the aisle and out of the tent.

The ceremony began at six at night, a bit unusual but still nice. I think it was because they wanted to see the sunset in Central Park, a beautiful sight.

"Reception's next, right?" Elizabeth asks.

I nod, my eyes following Harry as everyone files out of the tent to the next one. He walks with Liam and Niall, hands in his pockets.

"Are you okay?" Elizabeth inquires as we follow the crowd.

"No," I admit. "Not at all."

"Why? What's wrong?"

I pull her arm to get her to stop walking and point at Harry.

She squints. "Is that...oh my God..."

"He was behind us, oh my---"

"Rose, he's---"

"---Alive I'm going to shit myself---"

"I'm surprised you haven't shit yourself---"

"Oh my God---"

"Well, go talk to him!"

"What? What do I say? Jesus!"

"Give him a big kiss right on the mouth---"

"No, he has a hell of a lot of explaining to do, I'm not just going to---"

"Shit, he's looking over at us, he's looking at you!"

"Elizabeth, oh my---"

We're out of the tent by now, crossing the small patch of grass separating one tent from the other. My heart is beating so fast I'm barely able to keep up with it as we watch Harry enter the other tent.