CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The next two days went by like a bolt of lightning. Before I knew it, it was already friday afternoon. Thursday was a normal 1,3,5 day: Ashton and I got started on our art project, I got a 100% on a history test, and chemistry was easy as usual, with the help of Nick.

It had been a pretty ordinary day in English, as well. Class went on how it usually should, before I knew it we were all packing up to leave. Thats when I remembered I had tutoring today.

It didn't really bother me that much, to be completelty honest. It used to terrify me, but after Wednesday, I don't know. Things seemed different about Ashton, in a good way of course. Like, I could actually have a full on converation with him without ending up getting stared down by those brilliant hazel eyes of his.

"Have a good weekend, class. No homework." Mr. Perkins said as we all filed out of the room.

"Text me tonight?" I said to Jessie. "And then tomorrow we can all get read for the party!"

"Ahh I'm so excited!" Jessie said happily. She looked around me and smiled. "Hey look, there's your man."

I turned and saw Nick standing alone in the middle of the courtyard. Jessie called out to him, which I wish she hadn't. I really had to go meet Ashton.Nick looked up and smiled as our eyes met. He quickly walked over to us.

"Mind if I walk you to your car?" He asked. Even though I knew I shouldn't, I said of course.

"Alrighty then," Jessie said. "I'll see you guys tomorrow!" She walked away, and I motioned Nick to walk with me to the back parking lot.

"You excited for tomorrow?" he asked as we walked down the steps.

"Yes totally!" I said as I scanned the area for Ashton's car. I finally spotted it, and a dark clothed figure standing by it. "Hey, my car's over there." I said.

"Aw, I was enjoying this walk with you." He said. I made a playful frowny face at him, and gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"See you tommorrow," I said, almost stuttering. Well then, I wasn't ready for that.

"Goodbye!" Nick said. I switched my direction, and walked slowly to Ashton's car, looking back to Nick's direction every now and then to make sure he didn't see me get into the pick up truck. I looked back over to Ashton, to see his blazing eyes staring into me.

"Hello." I greeted casually.

"Hi." He said back, throwing his cigarrette bud in the dirt. He got into the driver's seat, almost pulling away without me even in the car. "Well okay then," I said, hoisting myself onto the passenger seat. I looked over to see a very unordinary look on his face, like he was angry at something. "You alright?"

Ashton didn't reply for a couple seconds. He shook his head, as if to shake off whatever he was thinking about, and his muscles relaxed a little. "Yeah, sorry," finally spoke. "I'm good."

We drove in silence the rest of the way to hs house. We pulled up to the trailer, the heat already beating down on us. I sighed, because I didn't know if he was really fine.

"Yes, I'm fine." He said, as if he completely read my mind. I looked over to him, and he smiled. "C'mon. I'm SO excited to do geometry."

I chuckled and followed him into the trailer, already sweating. "Gram's working." He said, taking out a water bottle from the little fridge near the front of the trailer. He tossed it to me, and I nodded my thank you.

We sat down, the usual spot. "Okay so," Ashton said, resting his head on his hands as his elbow was propped up on the coffee table. "I really don't feel like doing math right now."