Chapter 32

Media: Drunk- Ed Sheeran

Chapter 32 (woo!) NOT EDITED - Nothing ever is...

When Max turned around and his piercing blue eyes met with mine, I quickly caught the sorrow in his eyes. "Believe me Princess, I don't want to leave you here!"

His words held so much emotion, I thought that it might crack. "Then why are you going? Why didn't you tell me at the rock?" I cried, pleading for him to answer.

"I wasn't... I- I couldn't make myself do so because then I felt as if I was hurting myself as much as I was hurting you Mari. I couldn't do it! I'm a coward because I love you so much!" He explained, and he dropped his suitcase and knelt where I was on the floor.

"I can't bare to even leave you here with you crying. I knew that once I saw the first tear come out from those pretty eyes of yours, I wouldn't hesitate to say that I would stay." He kissed my nose and his hands rubbed my back to soothe me. But it didn't soothe me, it just made my heart break even more. I could hear it shattering.

"Then stay Max!" I whispered to him, and looked into his eyes, begging him to not leave me here. I didn't want him to go. "Please, don't leave me!"

"I have no other choice Mari, It's apart of being an Alpha. It's my duty and I can't just say no." Max struggled to say as he gazed into my eyes.

"Take me with you..." I gazed deeply into his eyes and when he said nothing, I tried again. "Please, Max... Bare with me."

I watched as his eyes clamped shut as though he was struggling with his wolf. "Mari, I am. I am trying to bare with you, but this time... I don't think it's... going to work." When he ended his sentence, that was when I knew that there was no more begging and pleading because that won't work. This was almost like... the end.

"Mari, please promise me something. Promise me this..." He whispered and tugged me in his arms to hold me.

"What Max?"

"I want you to remember me and I will promise you, that I will be back and that we would be together again. I won't ever leave you again, you hear me Mari?"

I whimpered almost silently and kissed him fully on the lips, our kiss being passionate as we both responded into the kiss. "I promise Max. I'll wait for you..."

"I love you Princess, don't forget that."

I sniffed trying to keep in another sob, "I love you too, and I won't. I know you'll be back, your strong."

He smiled sadly and pulled both of us up. "I'll kill Ray Mari, and we can be happy again when I come back. You will be my luna and be my mate."

He gently wiped a stray tear that came from my left eye and I whispered back to him, "I was hoping you'd say that."

He inhaled sharply, pulling me into a deep long kiss, that would surely be our last for a long time. "Hopefully the war will end soon and I will come back sooner, because I don't know if I can survive so long without your sweet lips." He pecked her once more, but this time on the forehead. "I have to go now Princess."

I swirled around, not wanting face him as he picked up his suitcase and went out the door. "I love you so much Max, don't die on me." I spoke silently to myself, though with his wolf hearing, I knew he could hear it.

I ran to the window and sat on the chair next to it. I watched as Max climbed into a car, with Sam, Zach and Adam waving him goodbye a few meters away. I could see the window that Max was sat next to and for one moment, our gazes caught. His piercing blues eyes meeting mine and I saw him mouth my four favorite words. So he had heard.