⇝ Epilogue

One Year Later

The snowflakes outside of The Avengers Tower sticks to the windows with determination as the sun tries to melt them away. It's cold and late November as an early winter storm brews across New York. Everyone is stuck inside with nothing to do but wait for it to pass.

"Has this been the longest you've went without Loki?" Natasha asks as you sit with her by the fireplace in sweatshirts and leggings with hot chocolate.

"Yes," you admit. "I'm worried he won't get back before Christmas, even though he doesn't care for it."

"It's been, what, four weeks? He should be back by next Friday."

You take a sip out of your mug. "I know, but I get worried that Odin and Frigga will hold him up on something. Time runs a lot slower there."

Four weeks ago, the king and queen sent a request for the princes--Thor and Loki--to return to Asgard after being away for so long. Frigga sent for you and Jane to also go along, but unfortunately, Fury sent you on a two day mission. Jane still went and Loki didn't want to go, but you both knew he had to and the quicker he left, the faster he would return.

"Yeah, I get that Frigga wanted to see Jane and Thor since they just got engaged, but I don't understand why they forced Loki to tag along," Natasha points out.

"He's their son too. For them on Asgard, they haven't seen him in months, so I get it. I just miss that annoyingly pale giant."

"I'm sure he's hating every second of not being with you, (Y/N). The guy is like stone when you're not in the same room, let alone realm," she states, downing the rest of her drink.

You snicker, thinking about what Loki must be doing around the palace without you there to bug him every second.

"Anyway, when do you think Loki will pop the question?"

"We have many, many years ahead of us, Nat. There's no need to be in a hurry. Thor and Jane's time is on a clock and they're trying to have a forever in a limited amount of time."

Natasha nods and you get bored of sitting around doing nothing but talk about the man you're missing.

"Enough of that," you say, setting your cup on the coffee table. "Oh, is Bruce in the lab? I needed to ask him about something."

"When is he not in the lab?"

"True."

You get up and pad your fuzzy sock-covered feet against the shiny flooring and into the elevator, taking it down to the restricted floor where all of the Science Bros' high-tech experimenting takes place. You enter your code and walk into the large area where you see Bruce hunched over one of the tables with his glasses perched on his nose.

"Bruce," you say, startling him as you sit on the stool across from him and begin fiddling nervously with your hands.

"Yes, (Y/N)? What can I help you with?" he asks.

"I was wondering if you would be able to run some tests and see exactly how many years I may live," you quickly rush out.

You've been thinking about your lifespan for a while, and since you finally have time, you thought it would be nice to know if you will live forever or not and it will definitely take your mind off not having the God of Mischief around.

"I can try. I'll just need a blood sample to run your DNA to obtain statistics and-"

"Okay, Bruce. I trust you and I don't need to hear the complicated medical terminology."