Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

ALICE POV

Althroughout the movie, Edward and I had to pretend to enjoy eating the food. By the time we had finished watching the third movie, Bella was breathing lightly, eyes closed and completely relaxed against Edward's side, his arm supporting her around her shoulders. I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, leaving the DVD in the player to get out later.

Edward silently removed his arm from around Bella and together we helped each other clean up the lolly wrappers and chip packets. I put the last of the rubbish into my bin and turned to look at Edward. "You two looked pretty cosy during the movie" I commented. Edward said nothing and just looked at Bella who was still sleeping on my bed.

"You shouldn't fight it Edward, she's going to be one of us eventually" I said. "She can't Alice, she's human, it's not fair to steal her life like that" Edward argued. No-matter what, he never listens. "Fine, think what you want, but if you just go with the flow, everything will go as planned and we will all be happy" I said. Believe me, I know. I saw it. I thought to him. "Would you like me to take Bella to the guest room?" Edward asked.

"Sure" I said.

EPOV

"Sure" Alice said.

I walked over to the bed and picked Bella up bridle style and walked out the room with her. She lay in my arms as if she was made to lay in them. She fit perfectly and I couldn't help but think about what Alice said. She will be one of us eventually. I relished in that fact that Bella would be one of us, my mate. But it was selfish of me to want that. I can't take her life away. I can't take her away from her friends or family.

What about Charlie? Or her mum? And everyone else? I know I love Bella, she is my mate. Huh! Imagine finding my mate in a human. In all Carlisle's years he has never heard of a vampire mating with a human. The family was pretty shocked when they found that out too. And I would protect her with my life. Bella stirred in my arms and mumbled something which I couldn't hear. I held her with one arm and opened the door to the guest room to the other, which was opposite my room.

The rest of the family had gone hunting so it was only Alice, me and Bella. I laid Bella down on the bed and looked at her. It couldn't be comfortable sleeping in jeans. "Alice?" I called quietly so as not to wake up Bella. "Yes I'll change her" she said as she came into the room. "Thanks" I said. I walked outside the room and waited until Alice had Bella changed into her pyjama's and tried desperately to not look into Alice's mind to see Bella without clothes no matter how tempting that was.

"I'm a gentleman that is not what gentlemen do" I kept repeating to myself over and over. "You can come in now" Alice said. I opened the door and walked in to find Alice standing at the bottom of the bed and Bella under the covers with her pyjamas on. Bella rolled onto her stomach and put her right hand under the pillow. "No, that's not how you fly" she said. I looked at her confused, thinking she had woken up. Alice laughed.

"I think she sleep talks" Alice laughed. "Oh" I said, finding that quite cute. "See ya later Edward" Alice said as she walked out of the room. "Bye" I said. I turned to look back at Back Bella who was still mumbling in her sleep. I went and sat on the other side of the bed, watching her and listening to her breathing. She looks so beautiful, her mahogany hair spread out across her back, the sheets and duvet wrapped around her legs.

For the rest of the night I sat on Bella's bed and listened to her sleep talking until everyone arrived home. At dawn, I left her room and walked back to mine, getting ready to play human again.