Chapter 2

How I imagine Xander ^^

Chapter 2

Sam

It's been a few hours since Liam left me alone in this cell. I'm cold and hungry, but I don't mind. I got used to it over the years of abuse. My old pack didn't just beat me, they starved me and often let me sleep outside because they think I'm "not worthy enough to be warm."

I'm still sitting in the corner asking the gods above what I did to deserve this. I wish my parents were never killed. I wish they're still alive. I should have been the one who was killed.

Sounds of heavy footsteps broke my train of thought and I looked up to see a man looking at me.

"The alpha is on his way here," the man said before leaving.

I sat there confused for a moment before a strong smell of spice and wood scent hit my nose making my wolf stir.

'Mate.' My wolf growled out before she started pacing inside my mind.

I heard the sound of heavy footsteps walking my way before a tall man stood in front of my cell. He's at least 6'5 tall, towering over my cowering form. He has blue eyes staring down at me, chiseled jawline, muscular body, stubble covering his chin up to his jaw, and an authoritative aura that suits an alpha.

"Mate!" He growled out before ripping the bars of my cell and crouching right in front of me. I whimpered and hid my face, frightened by his sudden movements.  He frowned at me and touched my shoulder making me look up at him.

"What's wrong, mate?" he asked, his voice full of worry.

"I-it's no-nothing," I replied shakily.

"Come with me," he said before picking me up in his arms and carrying me out of my cell and walking upstairs to his office. As we passed by some pack members,  I got questioning and curious looks on our way there, making me feel anxious.

He sets me down on the table before sitting in the chair in front of me. He grabbed a hold of my hands and gave me a small smile. It looks a little strained. Something tells me that this man doesn't smile often, but it still made my wolf and me better.

"What's your name, mate?" The man asks me.

"S-Samantha, but y-you c-can call me Sam," I stuttered.

"I'm Alpha Xander, the alpha of the second most powerful pack in the world. You can just call me Xander." Xander said, his voice filled with pride when he said that he's the alpha of the second most powerful pack.

"Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?" Xander asked me.

I nodded shyly and he grinned before picking me up in his arms once again and making his way to the kitchen.

"I want everybody out of this room right now," Xander commands, making the people dash out of the kitchen, in fear of angering their alpha.

"What would you like to eat?"

"Wh-whatever you ha-have is fine," I replied.

Xander nodded and started rummaging the fridge looking for something. He got out some leftover pasta and started putting some in a bowl before heating it up in the microwave.

As we're waiting for the pasta to finish heating up, Xander turned towards me and asked me if I would like anything else, I just shook my head and gave him a small smile. The microwave started beeping letting us know that the pasta is finished heating.

Xander got the bowl out of the microwave, got a fork, and gave me the food before sitting down in the chair right across from me. I ate my food in silence for the first few minutes before he opened his mouth to speak.

__________________________________________________________________