Chapter 1

Just like most teenagers, I was lounging on the couch on a Monday night watching the X-Factor. My thirteen year old sister was braiding my dark wavy hair for when I sleep. If I don't do this every night I wake up with dread locks.

 My nineteen year old cousin, Josh, was lying on the ground below me as he sent a text to his girlfriend, not paying any attention at all to the TV.

I watched, envious of all the amazing acts that got through. I was supposed to be up there. I was supposed to be in front of all those people performing. I was supposed to be up there doing what I love most, making music.

Just before I clicked submit for the online X-factor form a wave of doubts and insecurities washed over me and I chickened out. Now I was sitting here at home with a whole lot of regret.

The ads came on and Sophie, my sister, had just finished my hair and I was about to get a drink when a high pitched squeal scares the crap out of me and making me fall of the couch onto Josh, who groans.

 "Get off me fatty," he moans.

 I slap his chest, "Shut up, stick." I rolled off him and gave him a death glare. I look at Sophie who is eye-raping the TV screen.

I turn around and of course on the screen, is The Xavier Matthews.

"If you stare at that screen any harder, you'd be going to jail for harassment, Soph," I say sarcastically but she ignores me.

"It's Xavier, its Xavier, it's Xavier Matthews!" She keeps yelling. I roll my eyes. Of course it's the light brown hair, blue eyed heart throb which had girls across the globe constantly in tears with his annoyingly catchy songs.

The ads were about some new reality TV show which he would be hosting called The Search for Sleeping Beauty or something like that.

 The ad break was over and Sophie is still going on about the stupid pop star.

 The X-Factor just made me feel disappointed in myself so I just quietly slipped away to my bedroom.

 I woke up on the floor. The sound of male laughter made me open my eyes as I saw Josh pissing himself laughing. I stuck my finger up at him. The bastard had pushed me out of bed.

"I'm leaving in ten minutes if you want a lift to school." He says as he walks out of my room before I could attack him.

I sigh and make my way to my wardrobe and choose and oversized floral t-shirt and black pants almost like leggings as well as my brown combat boots.

After I put my hair in a messy side plate I grabbed my school bag and ran out of the house yelling a goodbye to my aunt and grabbing a piece of toast on the way. As soon as I shut the door of Josh's car he sped out of the driveway.

  He is a deadly driver.

The radio was playing one of Xavier Matthews over repetitive and auto tuned songs but before I could change the station Josh skidded to a stop outside the school gates. I said a quick thank you before he sped off again.

My only friend, Lilly, was waiting outside the school gates. Her beauty stood out at school with her long straight black hair and sea green eyes. I made my way over before she coughed and whispered not subtly at all, "Lover boy two o'clock."

Not knowing where 'two 'clock' is I looked around before I saw Cameron Jacobs, my crush since year seven. We've only talked once and that was when he had kicked the soccer ball and it hit me in the head knocking me out for a moment. He helped me off the ground and said sorry. That was two years ago.

I elbow Lilly in the ribs before we walk into the school together, where I see our school principal Mr. Talbot walking towards us.

Oh crap, I hope he hadn't found out about the time I skipped class last week.