14

You shook your head and walked towards the exit of the school, praying that your mom wouldn't be too angry with you for being late. You swiftly walked past the rows of lockers and classrooms, until something in one room caught your eye.

Slowly you turned to look through the window to see a guy with raven dark hair and piercing blue eyes sat on the desk. His whole stance radiated confidence as he looked around the room until his eyes landed on you. He smirked, beckoning you inside.

"You do know schools over right?" He asked seeming amused as you scoffed.

"Yes I do but that doesn't mean that it's now open for random strangers." You shot back as he raised an eyebrow, his smirk only intensifying.

"I'm just looking for my brother, he said he had to stay behind after school." He shrugged and you looked around the classroom.

"Well he's not in here." You spoke as he chucked and nodded. "Who's your brother?" You quizzed.

"Stefan Salvatore? You might know him, I don't know if you're in his classes o-"

"Yes. Ugh yeah I am." He seemed to smile at your answer. "He was in detention with me just a few minutes ago, but rushed out rather fast. Guess he couldn't wait to get home." You shrugged and laughed.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry I never introduced myself. Damon Salvatore." He got off the desk and held out his hand.

"Y/F/N." You smiled at him as he took your hand and kissed it, making you blush. "You know you're very polite Damon, must run in the Salvatore blood." You joked as he laughed too.

"Y/N?" Stefan's voice comes from behind you, you turn to see him stood glaring at Damon.

"Hey I was just talking to Damon, he's been trying to find you." You smiled at him but Stefan just looked at you worriedly.

"Why are you here Damon?" He snaps as you turn to look at Damon.

"Just making sure my little brother is doing okay in school." He smirks as you giggle slightly causing Damon to look your way and wink.

"I've told you before that I don't want you around here." Stefan spoke through gritted teeth.

"That's no way to talk to your brother, especially in front of Y/N." Damon mockingly pretends to be hurt as Stefan doesn't even flinch.

"Just go Damon." He urges, eyes blazing with anger.

"Or what brother?" He fires back as Stefan narrows his eyes, you stand awkwardly listing to their threatening bickering.

Do you:

Try to stop them arguing by talking about something else (7)

Or just excuse yourself and leave (16)