25

The sun was slowly setting in the sky as you wondered into the cemetery, the fading light casting long shadows on the uneven ground.

Finally you spotted the white marble that marked your dad, you stalked over to the grave and sat in front of it.

"Hey dad." You sighed and adjusted the fresh flowers that sat in front of the stone. "So today I nearly died, Matt's truck drove off the bridge and we nearly drowned." You gulped and swallowed the lump in your throat. "I kind of wanted to, I mean I'd be able to see you again. I miss you loads and so does mum, even though she's trying yo keep herself busy." You shrugged before a shadow rose up from behind you and startled you.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." A familiar voice mumbled from behind you, you turned to see a guy with dark hair stood above you. You swore you'd seen him before. Then your eyes widened in shock, he was in your dreams a lot.

"Do I know you?" You frowned as he smirked and sat next to you.

"I don't know, do you?" He replied as you rolled your eyes, he seemed to be staring at your hair for a while before frowning. "Why's your hair wet?" He asked as you shrugged.

"My friend and I were in an accident on Wickery Bridge."You explained what happened as he nodded.

"Sounds horrible, do you know what caused it?" He quizzed but looked like he had to stop himself from smirking.

"Yeah some crow flew in front of the car." You shrugged. "I'm beginning to hate those birds."You grumbled as he laughed lightly.

"I'm sorry for your loss." He mumbled and looked at the grave stone in front of you. You shrugged and stared at him.

"Thanks, it was quite a long time ago." You spoke as he nodded.

"Doesn't matter how long ago it was, loosing a loved one is like loosing a part of you. It takes its toll for years, believe me." He spoke wisely as you nodded in agreement. "He was your father?" The guy questioned and you simply nodded. "What happened?" He asked and you sighed before explaining about the accident.

"I'm so sorry y/n he-"

"Wait how do you know my name?" You frowned and cut him off. "I do know you from somewhere, I just can't remember. Why can't i remember?" You stared at him in confusion.

"Think about it really hard." He barely whispered, watching you with wary eyes. You furrowed your eyebrows and bit your lip in thought, thinking over and over again about his face.

It felt as if you were slowly lifting up a vail on a memory of someone and you kept thinking, the name slowly coming to you. D. Da. Dam.

"Damon." You breathed out as the memories of meeting him at the school over a week ago came flooding back.

"Stefan was never good at compulsion on his bunny diet." Damon smirked and mumbled barely audibly, but you heard.

"What are you talking about? Why did I forget?" You quizzed but Damon just shook his head and tapped his nose, signalling it was a secret.

"It doesn't matter at the moment." He spoke whilst sitting closer. "I think we should just move on from it." He smirked, still moving closer until your faces were barely inches apart. "In fact I think you want to kiss me right now." He almost whispered, his eyes dilated as you couldn't take your own off of them.

You move in and begin to close the gap, his hot breath fanning across your face. Barely a millimetre stood between you both, but a sudden voice startled you.

"Y/N!" Stefan shouted and you turned to see him, he glared at Damon who stood up to greet his brother.

Your cheeks flushed with embarrassment as Stefan walked over, why did you do that? You didn't want to, did you?

"Damon leave her alone." Stefan spoke through gritted teeth as Damon laughed.

"Why brother? Scared she'll find out what you are?" Damon challenged as you sat still in shock.

"No she just doesn't need to know-"

"Doesn't need to know what? That you saved her from drowning?" Damon questioned causing you to frown and stand up.

"What?" You almost shouted, Stefan wasn't there? Right?

"Why do I keep forgetting things?" You asked starting to panic as Damon smirked and looked at Stefan who looked worried.

"Y/n it doesn't matter, you need to go home." Stefan spoke softly to you, but Damon laughed.

"No tell me what's going on?" You snapped, looking between the brothers for answers.

Instead Damon turned and looked at you. Dark veins under his eyes began to surface and his normal pale blue eyes darkened, your eyes widened in shock as sharp teeth protruded from his canines. Fear paralysed you to the spot, you could hear Stefan calling out your name. Just as you went to turn and run, Damon was gripping you tightly.

His head lowered to your neck where his sharp teeth grazed against the flesh before sinking in, a sudden pain sizzled through your neck. You hissed in pain as black spots entered your vision, it felt like he was sucking the life out of you.

You legs became too wobbly for you to stand and Damon held you even tighter to keep you from falling. Darkness crept up into your vision and clouded your mind, before consuming you.

You woke up in unfamiliar surroundings. It wasn't your bed. Or your room. You then noticed Damon stood at the window looking out, it was almost completely dark outside as you sat up.

Do you:

Ask him what he is (12)

Or Try to sneak away and get help (18)

Or try to hit him (15)