s e v e n t e e n

🌿🌻🌿

「7歳」

Joshua had his head laid comfortable on Tyler's stomach, tracing circles against the fabric of his humongous red, faded out shirt as the younger boy gazed softly to Joshua's star-covered ceiling, and delicate breaths fanned out from his plump lips, his nose stuffy from the cold weather.

"J-Jishwa?" His tone trembling, Joshua eyes snapping to his little loves and tightening his hand in his.

"What's wrong, bub?" Joshua spoke gently, scooting up so their faces were close and nose touching tips.

"Did you..." Tyler gulped, pressuring his forehead to Joshua's with a scared expression, one that worried the older boy. "Did you check under the bed for monsters?"

The curly brunet nodded, slow but present for Tyler's wary eyes to shift and gloss overwhelm them as he let out a shaky breath.

"W-What about the..." He gulped again, eyes wandering to the very part of Joshua's room, making a tingle run through his small body as he quickly gazed back to Joshua's warm, chocolate eyes. "... the closest?"

Joshua hugged Tyler close, pulling his arms around the smaller boy tightly and pressuring his face in the honeydew smell of Tyler's mocha colored hair. "I checked everything before you came, Ty-Ty. No monster will get you, I promise, I won't let them hurt you."

Tyler bit his lip, pressuring his face into Joshua light blue shirt, and letting out another trembling breath. "Y-You pinky promise?"

"I pinky promise, always, Ty-Ty."

"'Kay then." And it was soft and reserved, the reassurance in Joshua's words soothed the cherry cheek brunet, eyes closing as his body felt the tiredness starting to hit. "I trust you, Jishwa."

Joshua only hummed, kissing Tyler's forehead before pulling his navy colored blanket over them, and pulling his little love closer and closer until the closeness was unbearable, but incredibly safe for the younger.

Joshua never minded it.

The closeness was something, no matter how uncomfortable, dear to them, to him.

He would take anything uncomfortable if it meant that Tyler was comfortable.

So, as the curly brunet stared at his little love, eyes slowly closing and opening from the dared sleepiness that desperately try to overtake him, he couldn't help but wonder what it meant. What did he exactly mean when he told Tyler that he loves him, when Tyler said it back? Joshua was a seven year old boy and he cared for another seven year old boy so much. A boy he hoped to marry, because his parents were, so why can't Tyler and him marry each other as well?

But.

A boy that made his heart pump fast with just a smile and a giggle that made his stomach flutter with a million butterflies.

His mother had talked about this before, something she said she felt for his father, and although he was a bit confused at first, he knew what it meant, and maybe this is what she meant when she said she felt this way.

Maybe Joshua Dun was in love and that's why he said it so much.

Really, all he knew was that he just wanted to continue to make Tyler smile, to make him happy for the rest of their lives.

💫

Joshua lost track of time when he fell asleep, he lost track of time when his eyes felt suddenly heavy and he lost track of time when his head had slumped against Tyler's, dreams feeling surreal and his little love becoming the main idea of them.

It was a small hand that pulled him from his sleep. Gentle and incredibly soft, and he knew who it exactly was. Joshua grinned just as Tyler poked his cheek, squishing it with his palm right after and getting a little nibble from the older boy.

"Jishwa." Tyler whined, pulling away his hand and pouting.

"Ty-Ty." Joshua mimicked, grinning as Tyler connected their foreheads, an expectant emotion in his eyes and flutter in Joshua's heart at that exact moment.

The curly brunet pressed a small kiss to Tyler's nose, a giggle that echoed heavenly in Joshua's ears rang through like velvet, and his squeak at the end, oh Joshua was just swooning, giggling along as if it was contagious.

And it was. Tyler was contagious, in such a happy, kind way and Joshua adored every second.

"Hi, Ty-Ty."

"Hi, Jishwa." Tyler smiled.

There was silence between them, just for a moment, just for a tiny second for their eyes to just connect and merge and wander off.

"Guess what?" Joshua's lips moved, and Tyler payed close attention, intent written in his sparkling, doe-eyes.

Oh, but he was very wrong, because once he answered, Joshua's small hands were working vigorously against Tyler's body, tickling and making his little love let out a yelp of laughter. Tyler's body was sporadic against Joshua's relentless fingers, letting out the loudest of squeaks and giggles, trying his best to turn to get away, but it was useless.

Joshua's hands were an explorer, running lightly against clothes and bare skin, against Tyler's neck and under his armpits.

"J-Jishwa!" Tyler wheezed out, his cherry cheeks evolving into a stark red, beautiful against his light tan skin and eyes shut tight as his grin was huge, and happiness filtering his tummy.

"You can't escape!" Joshua squealed out, marking his words by lightly feathering his fingers against Tyler's sides.

Tyler flipped out, gasping out for the desperate need of air, and that's when Joshua stopped, Tyler's breath heavy as the curly brunet leaned down to an angelic little love.

"You're not scared anymore, Ty-Ty?"

The cherry cheek brunet shook his head, a small smile on his face as he hummed lightly in his throat. "No' when you're here to protect me."

Joshua grinned, eyes glowing with glee and he nodded against Tyler's forehead, a sigh escaping him as Tyler caught his breath.

"I'll always be here for you."

🌿🌻🌿