Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Late

I'm 41 weeks and 5 days pregnant today. I wasn't expecting to go over my due date. The Dr. James said that if the baby doesn't come by tomorrow, I have to be induced.

"Are you feeling contractions yet?" Marco asked me. He's taken off work incase I go into labor.

"No. Don't rush it. Contractions aren't very pleasant."

"I know, I'm just excited."

"Are we ready if the baby comes?"

"Yeah. Your hospital bag is by the door, and the crib is set up."

"Okay. I hope the twins adjust well to him."

"Me too. We don't want them to be rivals when they get older."

I began cooking dinner. Marco cleaned off the chicken since that's all he can do at the moment. I'd be a great help if he could cook.

"When are you going to take those cooking lessons?" I asked him.

"What are you talking about?"

"You can't cook."

"I can cook, I just don't prefer to."

"Really?"

"Really."

"The day after tomorrow, you should cook for me."

"Alright, it's a deal."

I put broccoli in a pan and turned the stove on. Suddenly I stepped in a puddle. I looked down and groaned.

"Marco, you're spilling water." I complained.

"No I'm not. I'm just rinsing the chicken off and putting it in a bowl with holes. And this is all in the sink."

"Then that means..." I placed my hands on my stomach. "The baby is coming." I muttered.

"What?"

"The baby is coming." I said louder.

Marco dropped the chicken in his hands and shut off the water. He quickly dried his hands and then came over to me.

"Uh, okay let's get the twins and get you to the hospital."

"Calm down. I'm not feeling contractions yet."

Marco grabbed the twins some toys and stuffed them in their baby bag. I took the twins by the hand and led them out to the car. I strapped them in and got in the passenger seat.

"You'll get to meet your baby brother today." I told the twins.

Marco drove us to the hospital. He was still a little panicked, but had calmed down a little.

"Everything is fine Marco." I tried to calm him more.

"I know. Are you alright? You're not feeling any contractions are you?"

"Not yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming soon."

We got to the hospital and Marco helped me inside. We checked in and a nurse pushed me to a room in a wheelchair. Marco followed with the twins. I changed into the hospital robe and got into bed. The twins sat in the corner of the room playing with their toys. Marco was outside calling everyone.

Today is the day that our new little one will be born. Bella and Jason will be an older sister and brother. Jason is the oldest officially, but that doesn't matter. I'm sure he'll tease Bella about that in the future. Hopefully this time it won't take as long for the baby to get here like it did for Jason and Bella. I was in labor for 5 hours.