1

Chapter One

1 year and a half later.
Spring 2018

" Son do you have to go ?" Gee grand ma on his mom side looked at her sons light brown eyes.

After Gee got Miracle out the hospital he disappeared with her to go clear his mind so he went to go live with his grandma. Miracle was now 1 going on 2. He had enough money from hustling all his life to actually take a break and clear his head.

" Mom I have to handle my business." Gee said looking at her beautiful vibrant skin.

Gee grand mother was beautiful and only 60 . He told her the news and she was devastated because she thought of Victoria as her daughter. Nothing else mattered. Just him, his grandmom, his daughter and his money. Gee wasn't close with his mom since she kicked him out at 15 once she saw him selling drugs. His dad was never around, only men he knew was the ones she brought around him. He hated seeing his mom struggle and he hated her even more for blaming him. "I never asked to be born " He would always tell her in heated arguments.

" I don't want you getting into any trouble." She said as she watched him pack his suitcase.

" I'm a be alright ma." He smiled.

Miracle crawled over to him and he picked her up and kissed her and held her tight like she was the most important thing to him, and she was.

" Daddy have to go away for awhile, he'll be back though." He kissed her forehead.

He wasn't getting out of the streets no time soon, it was the only thing that kept his mind off of what happened. Being away gave him a chance to clear his head but he still couldn't stop thinking about what happened. He knew he could never love another woman or let one get to close to him again. He knew the only way to keep Miracle safe was to play as if she wasn't alive and keep her in LA with his mom until he figure some things out.

He grabbed his suitcase and kissed the two most important women in his life and walked out the door.

" Da Da !" Miracle cried loudly as she reached out to Gee her grandma held her tight as she started fussing trying to get out her arms. Gee almost wanted to take her with him but he knew it was the only way to keep her safe.

.....

Gee : I just touched down.
Omar : good.

Gee sent a text looking at his iPhone 8 as he headed out the airport.

Riding through the hood in his old Charger felt like old times when he was making moves. It brought back so many memories. Some good , some bad.

" You finally back in the city." Jaylen said taking Gee's bags out his hands and helping him into his new apartment. It was small just a lil something to start him back with.

Gee barely said a word to Jaylen. They barely talked since the accident.

" So look , we hitting the club up tonight !" Jaylen said clapping his hands together and dancing.

" Nah I'm straight. Just let Omar know I'm back and I'm ready to move that work." Gee said unpacking his bags.

" Dawg but Omar gone be at the club." Jaylen said.

Gee sucked his teeth. He hated going to clubs. " Mannnn Whatever."

Jaylen left giving Gee his space as he got settled in. He thought he was done grieving over his girlfriend but being back home felt incomplete with out her. Victoria been there through it all . The ups and downs , the highs and lows. Gee didn't even notice he was crying until he felt a tear roll down his face and fall onto his shirt. He quickly wiped it away and blinked repeatedly. Telling himself he wasn't weak . He hated that feeling.