CHAPTER FIFTEEN

The next morning, my head hurt. Probably from all the crying I did as I layed in bed last night. I looked at my clock to see I slept in an hour more than what I was planning to. I sighed and rolled out of bed.

"You've got that party tonight, right?" My father asked as I came into the kitchen. I nodded and took out the toaster. "Brooke." My father's voice said behind me. I turned to look at him.

My father was probably the sweetest man I've ever come to know. He would never hurt a fly, or act like he doesn't care, because he does. So, I knew where the conversation was going. 

"So, you've never been to highschool party before," He said. "So I'm just letting you know I trust you and your judgement. Sometimes, or at least what I remember from high school, these kinds of things get kind of crazy-"

"Dad. I know," I interrupted. "Don't worry. I don't think my inentions for tonight are to get drunk and do drugs. And I don't think those are my friends' intentions, either."

"Alright, just making sure." My dad finished. I smiled and got out the peanut butter to put on my toast. "I'll be going to the office this morning, you can have the day off so you can get ready for your party."

I offered to go with him for the morning, but then I decided I should probably just chill for the day; who knows how late I'll get home tonight.

I spent the rest of the day doing some homework and watching TV. Jessie, Abby, and Amanda were all sending me pictures of what they were wearing in a group chat. They all seemed to be wearing the same things: tight black dresses, which I didn't own.

What do I do? I typed.

Ask Nick! Jessie repiled almost instantly.

I sighed, but texted Nick. Hey, I hope I'm not being a bother, but what do I wear to the party tonight?

I knew that even though he said it was a Halloween party, no one will be wearing costumes. Thats just a given.

Anything! Nick replied a couple minutes later. Just wear jeans and a shirt, no worries :) 

i thanked him, and quickly dove upstairs to looked through my closet. I soon found a pair of neatly folded blue jeans ad I pink haulter top. I decided to wear my white converse with it and I'l let my hair dry naturally (it was naturally straight anyway). I layed my outfit out and told my friends they could come over to my house around 4:30 to get ready with me. Before I knew it, the door bell rang.

I ran down stairs, almost toppling over my little brother on the way down. I opened the door to see Abby and Jessie. They were both still in their pajamas, as was I. "Hi!" I greeted, letting them in. My mom came into the living room and introduced herself.

"Wow this place is awesome!" Jessie said, looking around. "Oh! and Annie and Amanda will be over in like an hour. They both had dance class." I nodded and showed them around my house. "Wow can I live here?" Abby said. I tilted my head in confusion. I always thought my house was the normal size, but I guess I stand corrected. 

"C'mon guys," I laughed. "Lets get ready."

I led them upstairs to my room. Jessie threw her bag down onto my bed and pulled out her tight black dress. I turned on music and we all got ready.

"Hey what are you wearing?" Abby asked. I showed them my jeans and shirt, which they approved of. I went into my bathroom and changed quickly. I came back to see foundation brushes, lipsticks caes, and eye liner tubes all over the floor.

"Getting carried away?" I laughed. I decided then that I'll just put on mascara and a little bit of light pink lip stick for my makeup.

"Hey do you have a curling iron?" Abby asked.