Chapter 7

Luna.

I wandered around the mansion, watching as the poor girls Klaus had compelled began to clean the house silently. I sighed, I was in a huge predicament. I couldn't help but feel guilty. Klaus and his siblings could die because of me, but if I warn them, they will probably kill Elena and I couldn't lose her either.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair, tugging slightly before completely letting go of my hair. I thought back to my conversation with Damon last night before Klaus had interrupted us. Klaus had wanted to talk to me about something but decided not to, just leaving me in my room.

I played with my hair, curls still flowing slightly from my braid last night. I was wearing an oversized-shirt styled dress with a tartan pattern along with some brown, heeled sandals. Klaus' style wasn't actually too bad. I wandered over to one of the 'maids' and helped her clean away some of the leftover food.

I shrugged to myself, taking a bite of the pizza, cringing at the taste. "You know, I, myself, would go for something a little more.." I spun around quickly, seeing Kol leaning against the door frame. "I don't know... clean?" He spoke with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at his challenge, taking another bite of the cold pizza. I didn't like pepperoni and unluckily, that's what I had picked up. I heard a low laugh from behind me. I smiled, satisfied with myself. "Mm, and why would I listen to you?" I muttered, more to myself than Kol.

There was a sudden gust of wind beside me and I rolled my eyes at Kol's need for drama. I glanced to my side to see Kol had his hands on both of the girl's shoulders. "Leave." He snapped and the girl instantly walked away with no expression on her face. He then turned to me with a side smile. "What are you doing?" he asked as I picked up some of the wine glasses and walked towards the kitchen, hearing his footsteps behind me. "You know we have maids for that, right?" He spoke and I could hear the sarcasm in his tone.

"No you don't." I spoke back and he raised his eyebrow at me. I put the glasses in the sink and he looked at me, awaiting my reasoning behind my words. "You have compelled people, they probably have families waiting at home for them, thinking that they are missing - possibly dead." I snapped and he stared at me. I noticed I was now almost directly in front of him and i took this moment to jab my index finger into his chest. "So, no, you don't have maids." I spoke before smiling sweetly and turning away from him again.

I began to walk back towards the main room where the dance was held when his footsteps following behind me caused me to groan slightly. "Why are you so touchy feel-y about people you don't even know?" Kol asked and I rolled my eyes at his persistence. "Their existence means nothing - they are human." He spoke, disregarding the girls.

I snapped at his words, spinning around and bumping into him. I pushed my hand against his chest, shoving him back, away from me. "As am I!" I almost yelled to him. Technically I was as I had not triggered my curse. "Does my existence mean nothing?" I spoke, walking up to him and shoving him again. I don't even know why I was being so hostile today but I had to stick with it now or I would look silly.

Before he had a chance to answer my previous question I was speaking again. "Why am I here? I am nothing - a human! My existence means nothing!" I snapped at Kol. I surprised myself with how hardly I was shoving Kol. I began to shake a little, fearing his reaction. I couldn't let him notice though. I spun on my heel quickly and began to storm away, hoping he would not follow.