My Boys

POV: Vik

Warnings: Depression

-Begin Chapter-

"Preston," I called out to him, desperate. "Please, help me."

I felt so useless. I've been holding Harry for what I felt like was forever and he has not calmed down even a little bit. I've tried talking to him, tried convincing him that what he said was not true, but to no avail. Nothing I have done has been able to him. I wish I knew what to do.

Preston immediately moved into action. He came next to me and Harry and knelt down on the ground next to us. His hand coming up to begin soothingly rubbing Harry's back while making eye contact with me.

"What is going on Vik?" he asked.

I sighed and looked down at the younger boy in my arms, one of my hands coming up to run through his hair.

"He says that he isn't good enough. That he can't take care of me. That he deserves to be alone. All of these horrible things about himself that aren't true. Preston, I don't know what to do! I keep telling him that it's not true but he won't listen. I feel so lost..." I heard myself trail off, my gaze still on Harry. "Help me please." my voice came out soft and small.

It was quiet for a moment, the only sound was Harry's gasping for breath as he cried into my shoulder, then Preston spoke.

"Harry?" called out Preston softly, moving to lean over Harry's back. "Harry, are you listening to me?"

"Yeah." He called out, a slight hiccup coming at the end of his answer.

"Good. Now tell me, why do you feel like this? What makes you feel like this?" Preston asked slowly, sounding soft and understanding.

"I don't know." He answered, his grip around me tightening. "I just feel like I'm not good enough. That I am worthless, especially to Vik. I feel like I can't take care of him like he deserves like I am just basically...utter shit."

As he spoke, I rested my head on top of his, closing my eyes, wishing I could take his words and drown them in the ocean. They should never exit his beautiful mouth.

"Harry." Spoke Preston softly, his hand moving to squeeze Harry's shoulder. "Why in the world would you think that? You know how much Vik loves you and I know how much you love him. I mean, if you didn't love him, you wouldn't be in this relationship, right?"

Harry nodded, moving his head for a moment to kiss my shoulder before he put his head back to its previous position.

"So why do you think you are not good enough for him? Remember he chooses you and the other Sidemen over me and the Pack with little to no thought. He didn't have to but he chooses to go with what he heart wanted, even though there was a risk that it could not work out. You are what he wants. You are what he needs. You are deserving of him. He loves you so much and I know this must be killing him to see you like this."

Every word that Preston spoke was the truth. I kept my eyes on Harry, noticing that his shaking had stopped, which hopefully meant that his crying had stopped. I kept up with the movement of my hand, running through his soft blonde hair.

"I remember when he told us about the relationship between you guys, how happy he was."Preston spoke fondly, "You could see it in every part of him. The way he talked, his smile, the light in his eyes, and the pure happiness in his face. When just he and I talked he told me of his first night, how he got to be in your arms and JJ's arms all night. How he knows you would wake up in the middle of the night and feel you kissing his head and telling him how much you loved him. He would run out of words to describe how he felt all the time. Just the pure happiness bursting on his face. I couldn't believe it. And you know what Harry. You did that. You and the others made Vik the happiest he had ever been. So remember that. You are Vik's happiness and these thoughts that you don't deserve him are completely crazy. He loves you and you take care of him by making him happy. Don't forget that Harry."

Preston spoke with such emotion that I felt my heart swell. I remember exactly what he was talking about. He and Lachlan would listen to me go on long rants about my boys during our lulls between recording sessions. I loved my boys so much.

After a moment of silence, Harry pulled himself back from my shoulder till he was looking me in the eyes. His blue eyes were red from crying, dried tears on his face, and a look of wonder in his eyes. I kept eye contact with him as he moved his hand from where it gripped my shirt tightly to my face, cupping my cheek. I moved the hand that was not in his hair to cup over that hand, resting on his slightly bigger hand.

We stared at each other for a while. I noticed that Preston had moved back from Harry to give us space. As we stared at each other, I watched the emotion swirl in Harry's eyes. I could see his confusion, his pain, and his love all coming forth in those blues. After a slightly tense silence realization hit Harry's eyes, lightening them up.

"Vik." He said weakly. 

"Yes, Harry?"

"I am so sorry." He began, chocking on his words slightly, but he still kept speaking. "Preston is right. I have been such an idiot. I don't know how I deserve you, but I am grateful that I do. I don't know what I did to deserve your love, but I am glad I have it. I can't believe you picked me and the guys over the Pack but I am so happy you did. Even with everything has happened you have stayed here with us, not ever thought of leaving us, instead, you just love us. I don't know why I ever thought what I did but I can see that I was wrong and I am going to try and change my thinking, for you Vik."

I felt relief rush over me as Harry continued speaking, "I will not lie, I am scared I am going to think like that again. I don't want to though Vik. I hurt you when I do that and I don't want to do that. I love you Vik so much and I am sorry. I promise I am going to work on fixing myself so I can be here for you and take care of you. I love you so much Little Star. Can you forgive me, please?"

I didn't hesitate to lean forward and capture Harry's lips in a kiss. I put forth my best effort to convey all my love in forgiveness into the kiss. Harry was frozen, probably from shock, not expecting my forgiveness in this way.

Slowly, I felt him come to life and respond to my kiss, putting his heart into it. Both his hands cupped my checks as he took over the kiss, guiding me slowly. I felt the breath leave my body at the kiss followed by a small moan. I think he was a better kisser than Ethan and Ethan was an amazing kisser.

Slowly we separated, our breathing heavy. I looked into his blue eyes, the red slowly fading, leaving love in its trail.

"I love you Little Star."

"I love you too Bog."

"As do we." Said a voice to my side. Harry and I both turned to see all the boys with us, including the Cals who stood to the side, Preston in between them, smiling. Josh, being the first to first speak, spoke again. "And we promise we will help you get better Harry. We understand that you are insecure and it's ok. We will be here for you to help you, support you, and love you." 

"Thank you so much, you guys. I love you so much and I am so sorry. I should have come to you for help when I started feeling like this. Can you forgive me too."

"Of course Harry," said Simon with a sweet smile. "We forgive you."

"Thank you," replied Harry, gratefulness taking over his voice. 

I smiled up at my boys, feeling my heart swell with pride at how they were treating this situation without yelling and screaming but with love. I turned my attention back to Harry. I moved to pull his hands from my face and stood up, pulling me with him. We hadn't been standing up for more than a moment before 5 pairs of arms wrapped around us, squishing us together in a sea of warmth. I wasn't too shocked and instead moved to lean my head against Harry's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat, thanking the universe that I had him in my life. That I had all my boys in my life and I never wanted to be without them.

-End Chapter-

A/N: Yeah! Harry is starting to come back. It may be a bumpy road, but the boys got him! Go to Preston for the sweet saves! I believe he paid back Vik in tenfold. :D

I hope you enjoyed reading this and may your day be filled with love, smiles, and laughs.