Chapter 8: First Day

Next day......

Ring....Ring...

Smack!

Sleepily, I got up from bed and walked over to the curtains. I opened the curtains to see the sunrise in the distance. That's nice. I walked into my bathroom and washed up for the day. The bathroom was pretty amazing. Everything inside was expensive.

After dressing up in my white sweater, black leggings, and slippers, I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked very plain. I didn't know if I could adapt to a lavish life. I wore my glasses and walked out of my room.

Quietly, I made my way to the kitchen and started to make breakfast for Adrian. In the cabinets, I managed to find bagels, coffee, and cream cheese. I guess these will do for now. Looking inside the cabinets again, I found a kettle and a coffee filter.

To be honest, I didn't like coffee. However, I made coffee for my grandparents every morning. They looked my pour over brew method. I filled the pot with water and set the pot on the stove to boil. While the kettle boiled the water, I got the filter and the coffee ready.

After putting the filter in a cup and the ground coffee in the filter, I prepared the bagel. I cut the bagel in half and toasted them in the toaster. Soon, I heard the water boiling. I got he kettle and started to pour the boiling water over the coffee ground.

Slowly, the finished product dripped into the cup. The bagel popped up from the toaster. I took the hot bagels and spread cream cheese on them. The breakfast was simple. I really need to go to the grocery store today.

After of the the coffee was done, I removed the filter and the coffee ground. I decided to make the coffee on the strong side. I remembered Adrian drinking espresso back in San Francisco. I hope he likes the coffee.

I set everything on the tray and walked up the stairs. I remembered that his room was located right next to my room. I walked down a hallway to see Lorenzo. He turned his head to see me approach him.

"Good morning Lorenzo," I said to him with a smile on my face. I was happy to see him. He gave me a smile in return. "Good morning Mrs. Minetti. Sleep well?" he asked me. "Yes. Thank you for asking," I said to him.

He looked down at the tray that I was carrying. "Did you make him breakfast?" he asked me. "I did. Is he in his room?" I asked him. Lorenzo shook his head. "He is in his office," he told me. He is in his office!

"Did he sleep last night?" I asked with concern. He gave me a nod. "He slept for a couple hours before returning to work. This is a life of a CEO," he explained to me. I gave him a nod. "I'll escort you to his office," he said.

Closely, I followed Lorenzo to Adrian's office. His office was located on the other side of the apartment. Soon, we arrived in front of double doors. Already, I had a idea about what his office would look like.

Lorenzo knocked on the door to let Adrian know that someone was at the door. "Come in," I heard from the other side. Lorenzo opened the door and peeked inside. "Mr. Minetti. Your wife is here with your breakfast," I heard Lorenzo say to him.

I started to feel my hands sweat. Adrian told me yesterday that he didn't want to be disturbed by me or anything. It was one of his rules. "Let her in and close the door behind you. I want to talk to her alone," I heard Adrian's order to Lorenzo.