Lodged In Ice: For alphaflower123

Lodged In Ice

For alphaflower123

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 23. Hiccup is basically the same age as you.

Modern, but with dragons! Because dragons are awesome.

*********************

BEEP! BEEP! BE-!

Suddenly, you slammed a hand to silence the beast, also known as an alarm clock. Honestly, you hated them with a passion for waking you up, but also adored them for preventing you from wasting the day away.

Such conflicting emotions.

You rolled onto your side only to be re-awoken by (D/N), your night fury.

"Hey, (D/N)," you laughed, gently shoving her away to stop her from licking you in the face.

You hopped out of your giant bed and ran to the shower, where you relaxed your tired muscles with the nice, hot water. You dressed in regular cargo pants and a loose t-shirt before throwing on socks and sneakers before throwing a saddle on (D/N) and flying to the site.

You discovered it nearly six months ago, but just started working on revealing its secrets two months ago. And now that a new section was deemed safe enough to explore, you were eager to get an early start to the day.

You landed at the site, hard helmet with a bright flashlight attached in hand. One by one, your coworkers landed on their dragons, most of whom were also eager to expose the secrets of the past with you.

"Hey, (N/N)," nearly everyone greeted. You always replied back with your warm, caring smile.

You were quite popular everywhere you went, known as the bright, happy girl who would and could help anyone without hesitation. And while you were friends with everyone, you weren't all too close to anyone.

No one wanted to hear of the cheerful girl's problems, so you gave up trying to explain them. Instead, you just let everyone assume that your life was all sunshine and rainbows.

"Hi, (N/N)," your closest friend, Nick, greeted.

"Hey, Nick."

"Ready to explore?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yup!"

"Did you eat breakfast today?" he asked, again, already knowing the answer.

You froze, then face palmed. "Forgot," you gave your daily response.

Nick laughed. "Knew it. We have a big day ahead of us, so eat," he ordered, shoving a brown bag into your hands. You opened it up to see a burrito. "Shelley made it this morning before taking the kids to school." Shelley was his wife, and together they had three kids. Toby, who was a sweetheart but dressed "cool", was at the age of fourteen. Kelly who idolized her big brother at the age of twelve, than seven year old Tommy that only cared about his mommy's and Aunt (N/N)'s happiness and well-being.

"Tell her I said thanks," you said, digging in.

"Always do."

Soon after you finished, everyone was geared up and ready to explore the cavern in the glacier. Everyone flew their dragons up to an entrance, but most people sent their dragons back down. Walking in the dark on icy floors wasn't something most dragons enjoyed, but your night fury loved exploring as much as you did, and her echo location as saved y'all more than a handful of times.

Everyone flipped on the lights on their helmets and followed you and (D/N) to the new section of the glacier. After thirty minutes of walking, you reached a new cavern.