EVERY VERSION OF BAD

SHE IS A DEMON / with the blood / that adorns the veins on her fingertips / she is every version of bad / with her vicious eyes / and incredulous hunger / she walks the streets / AND SO THE GODS FALL / fall by their skin in her teeth / and she laughs / because she feels the glory / flicker in her eyes / she's more than a hurricane / more than a storm / her bones have been fractured / too many times before / by too many hands / of great diversity.

HE IS A MORTAL / and he senses her / sipping blood from plastic straws / from his veins / his heart has become / a mountain range / stuck in his glass bottle / of a throat / and he can't speak / because he's been addicted to the silence / and he has / a mouth / a tongue / a mind / but they're sewn down / and he prays to the gods / to buy himself a vodka of cheap mercy / but they are too busy / parading the skies / and hypnotizing mortals / he prays to religions / that he finds in the midnight streets / but they have been slaughtered / and so has he / he is fading / he feels life running from his brain / BUT SHE HAS A GARDEN / streaking down her legs / and daisies sprout from her eyes / until she is no more / and a scorching scream / tears from his throat / because her garden is like a drug / oh, of the loveliest sort.

·
August 10, 2016