Chapter Fourteen

Final chapter.

Told you I wouldn't make you wait long.

;)

Chapter Fourteen

People slowly began to go back to what they were doing but our table remained silent. “Carson…” I whispered but his attention snapped to his father. “Is it true?” he asked his brows furrowed. We all looked to Mitch who now looked cool about the whole situation. He ran a hand through his locks of hair then looked his son in the eye.

“It’s true yes. I love Nathan and have for a long while now, I’m sorry it had to come out like that” he flashed a look my way before looking back to his son. Carson had his fist clenched on his napkin then threw it down and stormed out. I felt sick…my worst fears had come true.

“I’m happy for you both as long as the feelings are mutual” Cam announced which made me love this man all the more. “I-it is” I stuttered a blush forming on my cheeks.

Cam nodded then took a sip of the complimentary water. “I suggest going to talk to him Nate, you know him more than anyone” I looked at my old teacher and took his advice. I stood up from my chair and placed my napkin on the table before walking out of the restaurant via the backdoor where Carson had left from.

I looked around then finally saw him sat on a curb with his head in his hands. I put my hands in my pockets and walked over trying to be mature as possible in this situation.

“Carson” I said after clearing my throat to rid of my fearsome girly voice. He let out a groan and turned his head away from me, “Go away Nate”

“No” I replied after a couple of seconds of panicking. His head snapped in my direction and he stood up then pinned me against the wall. “You really think now is the time to grow some balls?” he demanded.

I pushed him away. “Stop treating me like a child, no matter how long you put it off the situation will still remain!”

Carson remained with his fists clenched and his teeth gritted. He was beyond angry and to be honest I was a little frustrated.

“It’s just wrong” he shouted finally due to the silence provoking him. I laughed at him in mockery, “I supported you while you were fucking the daylights out of our Physics teacher which is downright illegal!” I retorted pointing my finger at him.

“He’s my father!” he gripped me by the collar but this time I grabbed his wrist and spun us as I pinned him to the wall. “Do you really think I was the one who started the whole thing? I am an idiot when it comes to relationships! If you want to go punching someone then direct it towards your dad but get this into your head,” I took a couple of breaths before I looked him in the eyes directly, “I love him

His eyes widened and silence filled the air around us and all the sounds which remained were our heavy breathing from all the excessive shouting. All traces of anger seemed to have disappeared from my best-friends form so I stepped back releasing him. He let his head drop trying to understand the situation.

I looked up at the sky and the half-moon and allowed myself to calm down by breathing in the freezing cold air. “That’s the first time I’ve ever seen you so serious” Carson muttered making me look over but his attention was also fixed on the moon.