Prologue

A woman runs into the woods, desperate to get away form the people chasing after her. She stumbles over tree roots and hits her head on low tree branches. She falls and stumbles down onto the ground. In the distance, she can hear dogs bark and yip as they follow her scent trail. The woman tries to get up but her unborn infant kicks from inside her, causing her to scream and place her hand over her mouth to silence her.

  She crawls into a bush and sees from the pale moon light berries on the bush. She plucks the berries and vigorously starts rubbing their juice on her, hoping to disguise her scent with the berry juice. The barking gets louder as the dogs and the men running after them get closer. The woman looks through the bushes and sees a giant, vicious dog jump out of some bushes in front of her.

  The dog sniffs and paws at the dirt. Three men with guns trail after the dog and start looking around. The woman wraps her arms protectively around her pregnant stomach and prays that they won't find her. One of the men approaches the bush she is in and spots her. She freezes from fear as the man gives her a wicked smile and roughly yanks her out of the bush.

"Here she is boys!" the man says in German.

  The woman watches with dread as more men come out of the bushes and circle around her. More dogs come out and start yipping at her bare feet until their owners pulls them away from her. All of the men are wearing German military uniforms with a red skull on them. The leader, who the woman recognizes as the father of her unborn child, walks through the men and frowns at her.

"My dear Rosalyn, what do you think you are doing in the woods at this time of night?"

  The woman straightens not willing to show any fear to this monster, "I'm leaving. You can't keep me here forever, Schmidt!"

  Schmidt eyes Rosalyn, "You will stay here until you deliver that baby! Once you have done so, you may leave." he finishes calmly.

  Schmidt looks at the man holding Rosalyn, "Take her back to her cell and don't let her escape again!"

"Yes, Schmidt!"

    The soldier takes Rosalyn by her arm and drags her back to her cell. Rosalyn screams, kicks, and tries to bite him, anything to get away from him. More soldiers go over and assist the soldier. Schmidt watches it all and thinks about his unborn child. For all he cares it better be a boy so he can have a strong soldier. The only reason he decided to grace her with being the mother of his child is because there are rumors that Rosalyn's family has a special gift that the Gods themselves have given them, it had better be true or the child will be killed.