33

*Della's POV*
Everyone was coming on this mission. We needed all of the strength we could get especially since this institution is bigger than the one I was held at. I sat in the back of the jet with Bucky across from me. He was asleep for the ride so I listened to music. It calmed my anxiety. I was so into my music that when someone tapped my shoulder I snapped my head around to see who it was, startling them. It was a flight attendant.
I took my earphones out. "Yes?"
"Would you like something to drink or eat?"
I paused. "Can I get two bottles of water please?"
"Sure thing."
"Thank you."
Bucky was awake now so I put my phone down. "I got us some
water."
He nodded and studied me. "What's wrong?," he whispered.
"Nothing, why?"
He fixed me with a look.
Sighing, I leaned in closer. "I feel really anxious. I don't know why. I just feel worried."
"I understand. Maybe you're worried about the fight."
"Of course I am! What if someone gets badly injured. It will be my fault."
"No it won't."
I shook my head. I was about to say something when the lady came back with water. I thanked her again.
"I'm worried."
Bucky nodded solemnly. "I'll be there to help you in case it gets out of hand."
I smiled. "Thank you." 
He nodded and lied back to go to sleep.
I put my music back on and looked at everyone around me. They were all talking amongst each other. No one paying us any mind. Keeping their distance. I wonder if they're scared of me. They did put me in the Hulk cage so that's gotta be it. Do they think at any moment I could snap like the Hulk? Could I?

When we landed it was early in the morning which gave us time to go scope out the place while there was light. The drive over was quiet except for some small chatter. My nerves were picking up so I bounced my leg in anticipation.
When we got closer it hit me. A chill so cold it shook me from head to toe. Too many. There are so many mutants in that place I can feel it.
"Dear god!"
"What's wrong?," Bucky feared.
"Stop! Stop the car!" The car stopped abruptly. I zoomed out of the vehicle and went over to the one behind us where Nick was.
"What the HELL is going on?," Fury shouted getting out of the car.
"We need some time Fury! We need to prepare. We need more backup. We need-."
"Whats wrong?"
I paused for words. "We were close to the place when I felt it. I got a chill."
"You felt a chill?"
"Yes."
"With your abilities?"
I nodded. "You know this! Whenever I'm near a meta-human I get a chill or shiver down my spine. A warning per say."
"We weren't even close to the place," he sounded surprised.
"Exactly! I didn't need to be that close to them when my powers acted up!"
He paused, processing this. "We don't have the time."
"Make time! If we go in that place, no one will come out alive!"
I had to add that last part because it was partly true. I would be the only one coming out of there alive. I stepped back to take a breath when I noticed that everyone was around us. Everyone was looking at me. Fear in their eyes, because of me or the words I just spoke?
"I'll give everyone a day. Nothing more. We'll need to redo the plan and call in more agents."
I sighed in relief.
"You and Maximoff will go and check the place out."
"Now?"
"Yes!," he snapped walking away from me.
Pietro was talking with his sister so I walked over to Bucky.
"Be careful in there," he pleaded.
"I can't guarantee that, but I'll try my best."
He rolled his eyes and smiled. I was about to walk away when I felt him tap my shoulder lightly. I turned and was met with a hug. I hugged him back tightly.
"Don't be long."
I smirked into his chest. "I won't be."
He smiled and pulled away.
"You ready?," Pietro asked walking over to me. He looked at Bucky kinda suspiciously.
I gave him a thumbs up. We got into a running stance and took off. I got there first so I scoped the first floor and he took the second. What I saw was horror. One, two, three-, there was more than five mutants. Exactly eight. That was more than what we had. There were five guys and three girls. Ranging from the ages eleven to thirty. There were some that looked lifeless and only a few that looked hopeful. Four of them had severe abilities, the rest didn't.
Suzy- 11/ spells
Vanessa- 15/ cloaking
Evie- 22/ enhanced senses
Steven- 19/ bubble generation
Michael- 27/ air manipulation
James- 30/ pain inducer
Jackson- 14/ enhanced thievery
Garrett- 23/ sleep inducement

Only one caught my eye. Garrett. I had a flashback to the first day Valentín held me prisoner, Garrett was there to subdue me but he couldn't. I didn't even think about saving him and now he's here. I ran out of there but not before making sure Pietro got out first.
"What did you guys find out?," Fury asked at our arrival. Our hideout was at this abandoned building that was some miles away.
I sat down next to Bucky and talked to him while Pietro talked about what he saw.
"Do you remember a guy named Garrett?"
"Yes?"
"They have him."
Bucky was silent.
"They're only using one floor. There is many people guarding the place. A lot of men and women inside."
"Good. Good. What do you got, Della?"
I sighed heavily and explained to him about all of mutants that are being held there. Their ages and the extent of their powers.
"This is a big one."
I nodded in agreement.
"Will you be able to subdue them all and have them out of there safely?"
"What?"
"That's the plan we have so far."
"Some plan." I got up then and left the table. I know how strong I am alone. I know what I'm capable of. What I do not know is what will happen if I am around that many mutants. What if they all use their powers against me? I don't know if I can take on that many. What if it backfires? What if I accidently touch their hands and die from too much power? What we need to do is take the guards out first then try to talk to the metahumans. Maybe they have some pieces of their humanity left. I went down to where they were training everyone. I needed to think this out, clear my head. There was an empty punching bag so I went over to it. I didn't hold back. After a few minutes of rapid punches the bag exploded. I looked up to see who was watching me. Everyone was. I looked down at my hands, my knuckles were bleeding and bruised. I sped out of the room before anyone said anything. I ran into Bucky on the way out.
"What happened?"
"What do you mean?"
"Back there-. What happened to your hands?"
"For one, they think I can do this all by myself. I can, but there's too many. Two, I needed to blow off some steam."
"We'll be there. We talked to Nick and asked that we all be there to help you. And next time, use gloves."
I nodded just to reassure him but deep down I know Fury has to be up to something.