5-The Man's Stance

........Manik's POV...........

My friends were busy discussing about her when Mukti got a Abhi's call and she informed everyone about his sister's presence at the wedding.. everyone gave a casual reaction to the news shared..but I was numb at my place anticipating what the future holds... Abhi's sister was coming to the wedding..that means SHE was coming to the wedding ..5 years...I would be seeing her after 5 long years...no one in the group knew that she was Abhi's sister except me...I had seen Abhi's picture in her mobile years ago..the impulsive me had made a big deal out of it at that time.. another guy's photo in my girl's phone surfaced the possessive me..I fought with her for no reason... we didn't talk with each other for 2 days...48 hours..I remember how restless we were then and finally after 48 stressful hours she landed up in one of the jamming sessions..held my hand... pulled me out interrupting my session... literally dragged me to the terrace..and forced me to come out with truth behind my irrational behavior and when I told her she donned a serious face and told me that the guy I was getting jealous with was indeed one of the most important person in her life.. she kept praising him...my jealousy was peeking with every passing second and when I couldn't take it I turned to leave.. that's when she held my hand again and said, "yes he is important but you don't need to feel jealous since he holds the same place in my that you hold in Mukti's...he is my cousin"..and with this she bursted out laughing...Oh Man..!!..

Replaying the memory sitting on a couch in my hall, I was finding it so hard to control my emotions in front of everyone.. I was looking for the reasons to leave the hall in order to out pour the emotions overpowering me for if I stay here I won't have an explanation for my sudden outburst since I had never told my friends that nandini is Abhi's sister...I had my reasons for hiding it... anyways just when I was feeling helpless I heard Mukti say "guys nandini is coming for the wedding...she said yes..she has accepted the invite"... I was searching for the reason and here she gave me one..I felt like she heard me even after being miles away and granted me my wish...I won't lie it felt good..I got up and made way to my room..locked the door after entering...I wanted an uninterrupted time with myself to put my messy head back together...I heard Cabir stopping Dhruv and asking everyone to leave me alone..my buddy knew me the best and I mentally thanked God for blessing me with a friend like him...!!

I opened the drawer next to my bed taking out the flute... though everything in my life had a little bit of her in it...but this flute was all hers...she was the only owner of the memories and peace this instrument held..and I too never let anyone else share it or be a part of it..this was solely ours... everything associated with it was only hers...she loved the sound produced by the flute... her lips automatically curled into a beautiful smile whenever she heard flute notes...so I decided to learn how to play flute..I used to wake up at 4 in the morning learn for my lessons..I lied to my friends saying that I had started going for morning walks that summer and they bought the lie too..I played pretty safe with the lie since I knew none of my friends were early risers... after all who would wake up that early after sleeping at 2... everyone one including her were completely oblivious regarding my newly found interest until i played the flute version of Mann ki lagan her favourite song when she returned from her summer break...she was elated...her face was a reflection of the joy that her heart felt at that moment...her eyes twinkled like never before..i felt like my hard work paid off when her lips curled themselves into a beautiful smile that brought unlimited joy to my heart...when I was done playing she asked me why I did that and I cited my love for her as the reason...I don't know why she found my sincere confession cute and adorable and she just pulled my cheeks as if I was a 5 year old with chubby cheeks...I guess she forgot that between us she was supposed to be cute, chubby and adorable while I had to be hot, slender and irresistible..!!