Ten: Class Rep

School the next day was canceled for some reason, so the next time I saw Hakai was the beginning of the next week, so she had a nice long weekend to get all better. Since she and I live so close together, we normally walk to and from school together like Eijirou pointed out. When we approached the school, there was a mob of the press trying to get past the school gates.

"What's with the crowd?" I ask.
"Dunno," Hakai answers with a shrug. We tried to walk around them to get to class, but the cameramen and reporters decide to surround us.
"Are you two in All Might's class?" A woman asks. "What's it like having him as a teacher?" "What is he teaching you?" 'Damn! Do they ever let up?!'
One cameraman tries to get a close up on Hakai, but she flinches and I hear a sharp crack sound.
"Hey, my lens is cracked." "Mine too!" "My mic is busted." "This camera was really expensive!" The crew complains.
I suppress a laugh while Hakai looks like she's about to piss herself.
"I'm so sor-" "Ah! Sorry to hear that! Well, since you've got your hands full we should probably get going." I say with a fake laugh pushing Hakai forward. 'We gotta go or we'll be late!' I tell her mentally.
"Wait, we still have questions." Some of the reporters begin to follow us. I groan and start to deny them gently. "We have to get to class so excuse u-" "Just answer one question!" I fling my head around to glare at them with a frown and activate my eye. Soon many reporters and cameramen begin to shake in fear. This brings a smile to my face. "Glad we came to an agreement!" I say pushing Hakai ahead of me again. Once we got through the gates I sighed heavily. "That was close! If we got caught back there we would have never been able to dig ourselves out." Hakai nods.
"Yeah, thanks for saving me on that, really." She says with a small sigh. "No problem! Now let's hurry and get to homeroom." I start speed walking to class with Hakai right behind me.

"Decent work on combat training, you guys. I saw the video feeds and went over each of your team's results." Mr. Aizawa starts setting papers on his desk. "Bakugou," Bakugou groans when his name is called. "You're talented, so don't go acting like a child when it comes to battles, and don't sulk over your loss okay?"
"Yeah, whatever."
"Odayaka, you seem to be doing much better," Aizawaw says, looking at Hakai. "Yes, sir." She lowered her head shyly. "What you did during the exercise went against everything you were meant to learn. However, in terms of the real situation, you made the right call. Things could've turned out a lot worse." Her head shoots up at the praise he gives her.
"T-Thank you, sir." She says. "Let's get down to business. Our first task will decide your future."
'Another quirk assessment..?'
"You all need to pick a class representative."

The whole class sighs in relief at his words.
"Pick me, guys! I wanna be class rep!" Eijirou raises both his arms and standing up. I giggle at him.
"I'll take it," Kaminari says.
"You're gonna need me," Jirou says. "Someone with style would be best-" "Pick me! I am totally the right pick!" Mina shouts over someone else. It seemed like everyone wanted to be the class rep. "Let me do it! Me! I'm your only choice!" Bakugou roared with an angry tone.
"That sounds really fun!" I say after thinking for a bit. I raise my hand with a smile.
"Eh," Hakai gives up and raises her hand too. At this point, everyone is screaming some sort of campaign to be picked to be class rep.
"Silence! Everyone, please!" Iida yells over everyone. Everyone goes silent and turns their gaze to him. "The class representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anybody can do. You must first have the trust of every student in the classroom. Therefore, the most logical way to fill this position is democratically. We will hold an election to choose our leader!" Tenya's hand was high in the air and he seemed to be trembling. "Is this really the best idea?" Kaminari asks. "We've only known each other for a few days. How do we know who we can trust?" Tsu asks. "Besides, everyone will just vote for themselves," Eijirou adds. "Most people will, but that means whoever does receive multiple votes must truly be the most suitable person for the job. It's the best way, right sir?" Iida asks the teacher. "Do what you want just decide before my nap's over." Mr. Aizawa says zipping up his sleeping bag and falling over. "Thank you for your trust!" Iida shouts.
Somehow he manages to find a voting box and gets everyone to vote for one person they want to have as class rep. When everyone finished voting, Iida counted the votes and wrote them on the board.
'That's weird. I voted for someone else but I still got one vote.'
"Did you vote for someone else?" Hakai asks me.
"Yeah, did you?"
"Yep, who'd you vote for?" I smile and look at the board.
"Wait! Did you vote for me?!" Hakai asks pointing to herself seeming surprised.
"Yes!" I reply looking back at her. I don't trust anyone else in this class more.
"No way! I voted for you!" The two burst out in laughter as the class discussed the results.
Midoriya ended up getting three votes and Momo got two, so they were the two representatives of class 1A. Midoriya looked super nervous though.
"Alright, the class rep is Midoriya, and our deputy is Yaoyorozu."
'I'm alright with that. They're both really nice and Momo seems to know what she's doing so she'll keep Midoriya in line.'
"There's the lunch bell, everyone. Off you go." Mr. Aizawa says going back to sleep to lengthen his nap.