Chapter 3

Soldier 259

It turned out 284 hadn't spent all of our money and even got some really good food. I pour Night some food and water in his new metal bowls and sit down on the ground with everybody else and dig in to my sandwich. We eat in silence, I finish last since I started last. 284 and 117 are sharing a pallet, but have a large amount of space in-between them. 60 is already claiming the second pallet, I roll my eyes as Night curls up beside him.

"I guess I'll sleep on the floor tonight." I say to myself. I don't mind, but it still would have been nice if they'd shared.

I walk over to the window and look out at the stars and stargaze. I don't know how long I stay there but I stay there long enough that 60 starts snoring. I look at my crew and then at the apartment that our prey is in and make up my mind. I put my mask on and leather gloves and grab my pistol and climb out of the window. Night lifts his head and watches me.

I grab ahold of the rain gutter and climb up to the roof. Then, I run and jump across to the next building's roof and do that until I'm on top of the building that our prey is in. I reach down and grab ahold of the gutter and bring my legs over the side and swing into an opened window. I look around and see lights outside the rooms and walk down the staircase to the lobby and check the guest book to find out which room they're in.

They signed in under the last name of Wilson and are in room 387. I run back up the staircase without making a sound and look for their room on flight three. 385, 386, Ah! Room 387. I press my ear against the door and hear someone snoring on the other side. I pick at the lock with a bobby pin without making a sound and open the door as quietly as I can.

I step in and see that there room is just like ours, same amount of furniture with three pallets instead of two. Oh, how I envy them! They're each laying asleep on their pallets. Sam is the one that is snoring, I walk past him and head over to The Winter Soldier. He looks so peaceful as he sleeps. He's on his side with his long brown hair blown over his face.

An image of a man smiling at me with brown hair and green eyes that looks just like him flashes before my eyes. This time, I grab ahold of the memory and force it to reveal itself to me. I watch as I'm being embraced by a man that looks exactly like The Winter Soldier and he kisses me on my head as I cry into his arms.

"I thought you were never coming back, Bucky," I say into the man's chest.

The memory blurs and I'm back to the present. I look back down at the man that looks exactly like the one that was in my memory and feel tears fall stream down my face. Please God, tell me that he's not the man in my memories. Please, tell me that I'm wrong.

I step back and look out the window to see 60 standing on the roof nearby with his own mask on watching me, a sword in his hand. I walk back to the door and lock it so there is no evidence that I was here and walk towards the window and climb the gutter to the roof and join 60.

He narrows his eyes at me and turn his back and starts walking back to the apartment. I watch him go and suddenly feel really angry for some reason. "I remembered something."

He stops walking but doesn't turn around. "I remembered a man, I was crying in his arms saying 'I thought you were never coming back, Bucky'. Does that mean anything to you?" My voice quivers as I fight back hot tears.

"No." He says calmly and leaves me on the roof alone. I sit down and bring my knees close to me and cry. I cry for myself and for the man ,Bucky, who must have searched and searched for me after I went missing or was captured by Hydra. Why can't I remember?

*********************

60 climbs through the window and takes off his mask and lays down his sword with the rest of his knives. He thinks about how he panicked when he woke and 259 wasn't there, how he thought their prey had discovered them and taken her prisoner. He was prepared to rip their throats out if it meant saving her from them.

60 lays down on his pallet beside Night and curls up. Heat radiates into him from Night. 60 thinks about what 259 said on the roof, how she remembered a man from her past. Bucky. He thinks about how he lied to her saying that it didn't mean anything to him because it did. He didn't tell her that in his file that he received about the mission that there was a paper that said The Winter Soldier was called Bucky in his past life.

60 didn't tell her because he saw how 259 looked at The Winter Soldier as he slept. It nearly made 60 barge into the room and tell The Winter Soldier that 259 was his and then kill him for trying to steal her away form him.

60 hears 259 enter from the window, he pretends to be asleep and listens to her footsteps. 259 is as silent as a mouse, careful not to wake the others, there's a reason why she's the best. The heat leaves 60's back as Night gets up and walks over to his master. 60 hears 259 walk over to where he is laying and lay down beside him, pressing her back against his.

He feels the little heat from her body and smells her sweet vanilla scent and suppresses the urge to roll over and rap his arm around her and pull her close to him. 60 bites his teeth, there's no room for love in Hydra. If the lab coats found out, they would use it against 60 and he is not willing to put 259's life in danger because he has a crush. Oh, why did I have to fall for a girl like her? 60 asks himself.