⇝ OUTTAKE | Injuries

There were two different instances where you and Loki got hurt on missions and the other wasn't there with them. The first time it happened, Loki was the one in the infirmary at The Avengers Tower.

"What happened?!" you shout while on the phone with Nick Fury.

You were lounging around watching a movie with Tony, Pepper and Natasha when you got a call from the director who had some shocking news.

"Loki jumped in front of a group of school children trying to run away from the gunfire. He's arriving at the infirmary with Dr. Banner and Dr. Cho as we speak."

You hang up and run toward the elevator, frantically pushing the button to the correct floor.

"I honestly never thought I'd be applauding Loki for doing such a nobel act," you faintly hear Pepper say as the elevator doors close.

You know the others will be down in a bit, letting you get a head start as for the nurses and doctors to not have so many people in the room. You're shaking and biting your nail as the elevator ride seems too long. Loki isn't immortal and you know multiple bullet wounds can kill him.

"Dammit!" You slam your hands against the doors, willing them to open.

You're not familiar with this type of aggression. You just need to see him and make sure he's okay. Your breathing is erratic and you can't feel your body anymore as tears sting your eyes.

The steel doors finally open and you're running down the white hall until you see the only room with the doors wide open and four nurses, Bruce and Helen huddled around a table. You can't see Loki yet.

A female and male nurse see you coming and walk over to hold you back, repeating that you can't go in.

"If you don't get the fuck out of my way, I will rip both of your heads off and send them to your families," you growl, seething with anger.

You don't want to hurt them, but if they think they can hold you back from seeing the most important person to you, they're very mistaken. Threatening them was easier than throwing them through a wall.

The nurses look horrified and jump back. You jog forward and Bruce and Helen finally move out of the way after hearing your threat that applies to everyone and your throat closes up.

"Baby," you whisper, scanning Loki's shirtless form with white bandages wrapped around his torso, bottom of his right leg and thigh on his left leg.

He's only wearing black shorts as he sits up in bed with his hollow eyes on yours and sweat on his forehead.

"I'm okay, love. I promise. I'm already healing. I will be good as new in an hour," Loki assures you.

You sigh in relief and take the cold cloth from Bruce and press it against Loki's forehead. His skin momentarily flashes that soft blue color and eyes glow red, causing the nurses to actually gasp and one to freaking scream.

"Get. Out." You glare at them and they run straight out of the room and you hear the elevator too.

"What's the report, Docs?" you ask Bruce and Helen, steering away from what just happened.

"He'll be fine. He doesn't need anymore medical treatment as long as his own body does the work," Helen answers.

"You saved those kids, Loki. We're all really proud of you," Bruce says with a smile before ushering Helen out of the room for the two of you to have some privacy.

You look down at Loki who has a proud smile playing on his lips and you can't help but lean down and kiss him.

"You're a hero, you know," you say, pushing his hair back and keeping the cloth pressed against his forehead.