Laughter is the best medicine

I hit the floor hard when he pushed me down. I winced in pain but didn't get up. He laughed hysterically. "Ace! Ace! " he kicked me and giggled. He smacked his lips and threw his head back as he laughed. I watched as pain shot up inside me. He turned back to me and got on top of me pulling a knife from his back pocket. "OOoooh Darling. What to do with you?" he tilted his head to the side. "So many things I could do. So many ways I could take you!" he chuckled as his grin grew wider. I didn't flinch. He noticed this so naturally he did what he always did to get a rise out of me. He threatened me. He slowly moved the knife down to my mouth. "Shall we put a smile on that pretty, pretty face of yours baby?" he growled it out low and hum like. I smiled up at him and chuckled bitterly.

"Joker.." I sighed out making him tilt his head and do nothing but observe me the knife still close to me. "You know you don't scare me. You hurt me all the time J. Im used to it." He giggled at this. "Yeah doll im just too in love with you.." I felt knots in my stomach as he said this. I thought of jonathan. I thought of him coming home to an empty house. An empty kitchen. An empty room. I snickered at the joker. "Love. Beating me black and blue? Im surprised you haven't left scars on me yet!" I spat at him looking up. He was still on top of me. "Boys.." he looked up around us. "Give us a moment!" he commanded them like dogs. He turned back to me and leaned down roughly kissing me as they left. He leaned back up grinning from ear to ear. I moved my hand up to wipe off the makeup he left behind. He frowned at this. "Aw Pumpkin! You never had a problem with the makeup before!" he gave me a pouty face then got up putting his hand out for me to take it. I did. Instantly he pulled me up and shoved me against the wall.

The knife was now to my neck and I felt I could barely breath. "You left me!" he roared out. "You left me, then you left me in Arkham to rot!" his face was scrunched up in anger. "What happened to 'I love you sooo much joker!' ?" he mocked me. "What happened to 'ill never leave ya!' ?" he snickered. I closed my eyes as my lips pressed hard together.The knife was pressed closer to my neck making me push my self against the wall harder. I felt his hot familiar breath on my neck. "You better not leave me again doll!" he chuckled bitterly. "next time I wont be soo kind to you! No matter how pretty and adorable you are!" he sighed out as he trailed the knife up my jawline. He licked and smacking his lips raising his makeup covered eyebrows. "I truly do love you Ace. Don't forget that!" he giggled. "Sure.." I snapped at him making him frown. He pulled away but moved his hand to my wrist grabbing it tightly.

"Welcome home Hot stuff!" he laughed. Yanking me he pulled me up to his room and forced me on the bed.

i fell on it hard and leaned back on my elbows. He grinned to me as he threw the knife on the ground and crawled over me. "ha! Ha! Ha!" he laughed as his hands went up an down my waist. HE leaned down kissing me on the neck. "Mhmmm. Still like the hurt doll?" he asked muffling in my neck. I didn't reply. I just smiled remembering those days when It hurt like hell but felt like heaven. "I'll take that as a yes baby..." he giggled as he kissed me harder.

~~~TIME SKIPS~~~~

I sat at the window even. Starring up at the moon. This window was much smaller then the other window at jokers house but it was a window just the same. I sighed as I tugged at the purple button up shirt. It was jokers. I quickly and quietly glanced over at him. He let out a quiet, kitten like snore. I chuckled lightly. Same old joker....

My mind instantly thought back to Jonathan. As much fun as joker and I had he couldn't give me what jonathan could. Love. Sure joker said he loved me but his idea was beating me or making out. And boy was he good at both. Yes there was a time that I loved the joker and deep down part of me still does. But another bigger part of me loves Jonathan. He was so gently, loving, yet could be so dangerous if he wanted. He was completely different from joker. I slowly stood up and crept down stairs. I was moving toward the door but stopped in my tracks when I saw the knob was moving. So joker you still don't lock your damn doors huh...

I stood there frozen as it opened and the cold night air filled the room. A man stood there across from me though it was dark and I couldn't see him. "Paranoia? Thank god your ok!" his voice was familiar and fluent. He rushed to me wrapping his arms around me. "Jonathan!" I said a bit too loudly. I looked up and could see him better. He was wearing his mask. "I came here to get you..." he trailed off. "Where the hell is that joker guy!?" he snapped making me jump. "Im going to beat the crap outta him. Did he hurt you?" h eglanced over me though I knew he couldn't properly see.

"What!? Of course I didn't ! HA AHA HA! " jokers voice chimed in from above. Joker slowly made his way down the stairs and turned on the light. "Unless your talking about her pleasure? Then I hurt her real good!" he laughed hysterically as jonathan glanced over to me questioningly. He glanced back over to joker who now held a gun to Jonathans head. "Joker stop it!" I yelled out. "Mmh Mmmh doll! You don't call the shots around here!" he spat not looking at me. Jonathan quickly held up his arm and released a gas that shot into jokers face making him fall to the ground and cough. Joker started yelling. Eventually the yelling turned into laughter as he kicked around on the floor. "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! HEH HEH HEH AH HA!" joker loudly let out. HE stood up still laughing like crazy. "Dr. Crane!" He laughed some more. "What you don't get is.." another laugh. "I find my fears funny!" he slapped his knee as he giggled. He continued laughing as he properly straightened up and tilted his head back smacking his lips and trying to breath as he giggled. He pointed the gun to jonathan again.

But while joker was distracted with his fits of giggles jonathan kicked him hard in the knee, making him fall to the ground, and jonathan taking his gun. Now jonathan pointed it at him and released more of his medicine. Jokers eyes widened in shock as his giggles turned into screams. "see joker.." jonathan chuckled. "I find more doses very effective. The best medicine there is." Joker screamed and giggled. Then screamed again. "Laughter is the best medicine! Laughter is the best medicine! Laughter is the best medicine!" joker gasped and mumbled to himself though his face was full of fright. Jonathan pocketed the gun and grabbed my hand yanking me to his car. "Get in!" he growled and I did. We drove off leaving joker terrified on the floor.

"so you cheated huh!?" Jonathan snapped as he drove. I stayed quiet. "Well ?" jonathan spat. "Well he would've hurt me if I didn't.." i said even though I didn't mind the abuse. Why did I give in so easily? Maybe I missed the olden days and the lies joker told me when he said he loved me. Maybe I miss believing them. Jonathans face softened as he looked down at my bare thighs half covered by the shirt and full of bruises from jokers kicks. "Im so sorry Paranoia.." he sighed out. "I shouldn't have left you alone.. " he glanced at me then the road. "Its fine.." I whispered starring out at the moon.