Fifty Eight. It All Fell Into Place

A/N: The song in the media box is Explosions by Ellie Goulding!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You can't kiss me forever," I leaned back, finally managing to escape his lips.

"Yes, I can," Aidan's mouth was on mine once more, his tongue grazing my lower lip.

I hummed and moved my hands to tangle my fingers in his hair. My tongue brushed against his momentarily before I pulled back.

"You should be making this harder for me," I mused, ignoring his disgruntled look. "Seriously. You're way too forgiving. I'm such a head case. I'm annoying, irrational, indecisive, whiny, annoying, talkative critical, a bitch, annoying....," I sighed. "This is probably why I'm so easy to leave."

"On the contrary, Cupcake I find you very difficult to leave," he cupped my face in his hands and pressed his lips to my cheek. "I also find you adorable, funny, sweet, beautiful, adorable, energetic, captivating charming, a little bit of a bitch, but mostly adorable."

I laughed and swatted his arm. "Funny. That's very funny."

"I also like the fact that you talk a lot," he admitted. "You never fail to spark my interest."

"Well, that's reassuring, but I still think you should punish me or something."

Aidan's eyes lit up with a mischievous gleam, and his lips curled into a wicked smile.

"Would you like me to punish you, Demi?"

I smacked his chest as hard as I could muster, my annoyance only growing when instead of flinching in pain he merely laughed at me.

"I can't say anything to you. You have such a dirty mind," I grumbled, shifting on my feet and wincing at the shot of pain that followed suit.

Aidan's laughter halted, and he frowned down at my foot briefly before moving his gaze back up to my face.

"You sure your foot is okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine."

He stared at me, his frown etched onto his face. "Why are you lying to me?"

"That's rich coming from you," I scoffed.

Aidan tactfully ignored my jab, and before I could even prepare myself for what he was about to do I was swept up into his arms without even a word of warning. I gasped and smacked his shoulder.

"Aidan! You know I don't like it when you do that!"

He, once again, ignored me and walked through the semi-open front door. After kicking it shut he carried me up the steps, despite my hushed protests, and didn't put me down until he had entered his room.

I glared at him from the spot on the bed he had set me down on. "I didn't appreciate that one little bit. I pulled a muscle, my leg wasn't amputated."

"I'm aware you think you pulled a muscle," he sat down and pulled my throbbing foot onto his lap. "That doesn't change the fact that you could be wrong, or the fact that I wanted an excuse to hold you."

A smile touched my lips, and so I decided to let that matter drop gracefully.

I watched quietly as he pulled off the leather boot I was wearing and then the sock. He began moving my foot in a slow, circular motion which I took with gritted teeth. If I even let out so much as a whimper he would turn my small injury into a bigger deal than it was.