What Is Worthy - Thor Odinson & Reader

Words: 1153
Pairing: Thor Odinson & Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Loki Laufeyson, Sif
Warnings: Swearing, fighting, yelling
Summary: Even though you've been friends with Thor for a long time, you refuse to try your hand at lifting Mjolnir, no matter how worthy Thor thinks you are.
Author's Note: I really love the 'being worthy' Thor imagines because I think they're really cute and I had this idea so it happened.

*Edited*

---

You walked with Steve, Tony, and your best friend, Thor, in the new facility. Thor had to go back to Asgard, and you would miss him, but you knew he would be back before you knew it.

Tony and Cap were talking about the hammer that you hated even to touch. "But if you put the hammer in an elevator-"

"-It would still go up." Tony finished for Steve.

"Elevators not worthy." Steve shrugged as all four of you walked to the front of the facility.

Thor looked over at you and laughed a little bit. "I'm going to miss these talks of ours."

"But, what is worthy?" Tony had asked before Thor decided to make his departure.

"Why, (Y/N), of course," Thor said, without even thinking.

Tony and Steve turned to you quicker than you had ever seen them look at someone. "You're worthy?" They started asking. "Since when can you pick up the hammer?"

"I can't." You turned away, arms crossed. "Thor is just playing a joke."

"See, they're afraid of Mjolnir," Thor began, and you rolled your eyes at him.

"Why? It would be so cool to be able to hold the weapon." Steve sighed.

"And have all that power? No, thank you." You said, which resulted in strange looks from all three of them. "I could destroy the whole world, and on accident too? Plus, I couldn't take all the glory from our buddy Thor and go steal his kingdom."

"I'm sure that's it." Thor nodded.

"Get out of here, you big teddy bear." You attacked him with one last hug before he ruffled your hair, and you walked backward. He pointed his hammer to the sky and began to smile at you before he vanished.

Once he left and Tony complained about Thor ruining the grass, Steve turned to you. "Since when are you worthy?"

You shook your head. "I haven't actually picked up Mjolnir before." You told him, "You know a few years ago, I traveled to Asgard for a mission, and that's when Thor and I became friends, right?" You were beginning to ramble, but Steve and Tony were interested in your story. "I overheard Odin telling Thor that I was a special one. So he thinks I'm worthy." You shrugged.

"And, you don't think you are?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

You laughed at Tony, "Hell, I don't think I'm even worthy of being his friend."

"What?" Tony and Steve were both confused now.

You shook your head, "Just a normal, boring Midgardian who can take down a few robots. Thor is a god, need I remind you?" And without another word, you turned and walked back into the facility.

--

 You jumped when you heard a familiar voice shouting your name. You weren't expecting to hear them, though.

You rushed outside of your bedroom to find Loki looking around the base for you. Damn, did he have good timing? Most of the team was working or training. He would have been killed if anyone had seen him here.

"Loki? What's going on?" You went up to him.

"Thor sent me; he needs you to come back to Asgard with me, now." He went straight to the point. "There's a problem, and he knows you are fit for the job."

You sighed. You didn't have much time to think about this one- you had to help your friend. "Let's go." You nodded and walked out with him, making sure to tell one of the team members what was going on.

When you arrived at Asgard, you had appeared in a dark place. "Loki, where are we?"

"Someplace hidden." He told you. "I had to sneak out so I wouldn't attract attention; come on now." He started to walk slowly.

"What's happening?"

"Another realm invaded." He explained as you two tried to navigate your way through the dark area.

"I thought you were imprisoned." You said.

"Thor needed your help; I was the one who was able to get out." Loki shrugged. How long was this dark tunnel?

"He trusted you?"

"I had to come get you. I knew I did," Loki said.

"Why do you even need me?"

Loki stopped walking and raised an eyebrow at you, "You really have not tried to pick up the hammer?"

You shook your head, "Let's just go."

Only a few more seconds of walking and you two reached the outside of the palace, and you were shocked by all the people you saw running around.

As you watched many people fight, your old friend began to walk over to you, "I'm surprised you were able to get them here," Sif said to Loki, "Welcome back." She smiled.

"Good to see you again." You commented, but that welcome was quickly cut short when an enemy came up behind Sif, and you took them out.

"Come now, we must get to Thor," Sif started walking after she grabbed your arm, "He is in the center of the battle."

You nodded, and you and Sif took off quickly to find Thor, taking down enemies if need be.

Thor was swinging Mjolnir, causing many enemies to fly across the room. When he saw you, he smiled, and you were finally handed a weapon from Sif. You made your way to be closer to Thor while Sif stayed on the edges.

"I knew you would come," You could hear the smile in Thor's voice.

"You're my best friend; what was I supposed to do?" You said as both of you continued to fight.

Many people were dying off or were injured where they couldn't continue to fight. But someone was superior to the other enemies and came up behind you and Thor- and separated the two of you. You were thrown to the ground across the room, and Thor was lying on the floor with the main enemy standing over him.

Mjolnir landed right next to you, and there was no way for Thor to summon it.

The enemy talked to Thor as Thor tried to make eye contact with you. "Do you know what would satisfy me?" The enemy asked, "Destroying you."

"(Y/N)!" Thor yelled, "Get Mjolnir!"

"Thor-"

"Your precious friend is scared; it's the end for you." The enemy got closer to Thor.

"Pick up the damn hammer!" Thor shouted.

The enemy picked up his weapon and raised it above Thor. You acted quickly, put your hands around the hammer, and threw it at the enemy.

You launched the enemy across the room with the hammer, and he was taken down. Thor stood up and ran over to you, after summoning Mjolnir back to him. "See, I told you, you are worthy!"

"Thor, I don't understand," You sighed, "I'm just a normal, Midgardian, fighter-"

"Not what I meant." Thor smiled, "Does this show you that you're worthy to be my friend?"

You shrugged. "You are." He said and kissed your cheek.