Chapter 14- When Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 14- When Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S

*

I took the stairs all the way down and didn't stop walking until I hit my father's office. On the computer like he always was he sat in his chair talking to the monitor. He didn't even look up to see me there watching him so I knew he was really busy. I walked over to Macy's study. She worked at one of her desks with her bright work lamp on and the room lights on. Papers were all over the floor and magazines were stacked on one of the corner of the desks. 

I walked in quietly sitting on her computer desk. She didn't notice I was there until I started making clicky noises with the mouse, "Don't mind me I'm just checking our flight." I muttered. 

She quickly turned back to her work, her pencil flying over the paper, "That's fine darling." She said, her voice sounded distant like, completely consumed into her work. 

I sighed typing into the computer check for our flight. Of course the results weren't surprising. Just our luck our flight was cancelled. There were no other flights leaving out of New York. Shutting off the computer I walked out of the room without another word. I plopped myself on the couch with a bag of pretzels, flicking through channels and trying to listen to the news about this storm. 

I probably had ten minutes of alone TV time. Watching Friends really brought up my mood. Until the power went off that is. I stared at the TV waiting for it to come back. Come on! I frowned at the TV, life is over. Doors opened and slammed, my parents ran around shouting and looking for any candles or flashlights we had. 

"I was in the middle of an international conference call dammit!" My dad bellowed slamming kitchen draws and cabinets. 

"I was in the middle of a sketch! I need to get it out by tomorrow." Macy commented next doing the same as my dad. 

I sat on the couch alone frowning at the TV, "I was in the middle of watching Friends." I sighed seeing Jeremy come down the stairs and making his way into the living room. 

"Is it wrong for me to say that I'm hoping our flight is cancelled?" He chuckled taking a seat next to me on the couch. 

"I wanted to get back go campus." I disagreed, "But our flight is cancelled anyways." I sighed rolling up the bag of pretzels. I tossed them on the table curling back up on the couch. I could hear the wind howling outside, this storm seemed brutal. 

"Well I wouldn't want to be in that storm that's for sure." Jeremy mentions with a sigh grabbing the blanket from behind the couch and draping it on me. I smile, thanking him as I wrapped the cloth around my shoulders.

"Yeah," I agreed staring at the TV. This couldn't be any more awkward. Here we were, sitting on the couch with no electricity, just minutes later of Jeremy trying to kiss me. Jeremy... Trying to kiss... Me? Did that really happen? And why is he acting so cool, calm, and collected about it. Like dude I just rejected your kiss, are you alright?

Wow I must be the stupidest girl in the world. I, Skylar McKay, just rejected a kiss from Jeremy Coleman. How many girls would line up to kill me if they found that out? Jeremy seems to be taking rejection very well if I do say so myself.