Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

Arabella Baine

As soon as the door opened, I came face to face with Rylan. My body shook in both fear and anxiety. I took deep breaths, trying not to think of the punishments I might receive.

The presence of his hand made me coil back in defense. Was he going to hit me again? Of course he would. Slowly, I tried to walk back into the hallway.

"Do you pull away from me like that," he pulled me into his room and shut the door. "Sit over there," he pointed towards his king sized bed. I stared at him dumbfoundedly. For a moment or two, he held my gaze. Impatience covered his eyes as he sighed and dragged me over his bed. "I expect you to do things the first time I tell you to. Now wait here."

Tapping my feet against the carpeted floor, I looked around and took in the elegance of his room. If I hadn't known any better, I would've thought the room belonged to some royalty. I guess this was how the rooms of the Alphas were. Alpha Grant was a lot more different than Rylan. Rylan expected to be treated like he was some King, while Alpha Grant wanted to be treated like he was the second father of his pack members. My father... Alpha Baine instilled fear in everyone's hearts. He expected everyone to treat him like some sort of god or slave master. It was sickening. Rylan was like another younger version of him.

"Hold out your arms," his breath fanned across my face and his presence caught me off guard, making me cringe. "I will not say it again-"

I held out my arms, gasping at how red it was. blood covered my arms and the pieces of glass stuck out of my skin.

"Why didn't you try to tend to your wounds?" He frowned, looking over my arms and then lookig through his first aid kit.

"You don't need to," I pulled the first aid kit away from him and took the tweezers. "I can fix it myself. It was my fault."

As I was picking out a small piece of glass, his warm hand clasped over mine. The heat and the sparks from his hand made me gasp and made my wolf howl in delight. I sucked in a sharp breath and let him pick out the glass.

"You need to be more careful next time. There is no room for clumsiness in this pack," he picked out another glass and threw it onto a small bowl. "My pack won't necessarily treat you nicely. Yes you are an Alpha's daughter, but you are the daughter of one of the few enemies."

"Tell me why you hate the Baines so much," I whispered, looking at him pleadingly.

"I don't think you're in any position to demand answers from me," he tightened his grip on me, making me wince. "I have despised the Baines as long as I can remember. I've tried so many ways to track down his daughter and possibly use her as a weapon against that heartless man... But she's a part of the Ministry of Magic. Damn man is very clever."

"Wow, those rumors are really wide spread," I whispered to myself. He stopped working on my arm and looked at me questioningly.

"Rumors?"

I simply shook my head and gave him a light smile. "It's wonderful how your pack truly respects you."

"I'm sure your pack respects you too. Alpha Grant knows how to discipline his pack very well," I stared at him in astonishment. It was so new to me... This whole new side to him was just so refreshing. I wish he'd stay like this forever.

"All done," he wiped my arms and wrapped some gauze pads on them. "My pack will b harsh on you. I cannot guarantee that I will be there to defend you all of the time. My pack always comes first, even before you- my mate."

I agreed, "I know. Good night sir. Thank you... For this."

He gave me a soft smile and led me out of his room. The way his eyes shone and his lips curled into the smile made my heart swell. He was absolutely breathtaking.

The new side of him was kind and caring. It was understanding. I closed my eyes and prayed that he'd be like that tomorrow and the many days after.

Still keeping my mental wall up, I let all of my cold facade crumble.

The girl who was dead inside was revived once Alpha Grant took her in with care. Now witnessing the other side of her mate, her innocence slowly rebuilt itself. For the second time in her life, she put her heart on the line. Hopefully, it wouldn't be crushed once again. 

---------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 7-------------------------------------

I was going to suprise all of you with TWO chapters but I didn't have time to write the chapter 7.5....

That will be the same as this chapter but in Rylan's point of view. Sorry for the long wait and short chapter.

Tell me what you think about this chapter! 

A whole new side of Rylan.... Will this side of him stick through the end.... or will he go back to being the heartless mate?