Yours (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

Sandor hated princesses. Well, most of them. You were the exception. You were the only woman Sandor had come in contact with that didn't shirk away from him. His scars didn't seem to faze you. In fact, you'd once told him that you believed his scars added character, but that they didn't define him. You made Sandor's days a little less bleak. Little did he know that you would become a permanent fixture in his life.

It started one evening, when you missed supper. You never missed a meal. Eating was one of your favorite things to do and everyone knew it. "Dog, go and search for our missing princess!" Joffrey ordered Sandor who fought the urge to roll his eyes. He left the room without a word and went in search of you. In truth, he was worried about you but he'd never admit it out loud.

Sandor searched everywhere within the Red Keep and couldn't find you. However, he did find his brother Gregor. Gregor was struggling with someone, trying to corner them. "Gregor!" Sandor yelled to get his brother's attention. Gregor stopped for a moment and turned to look at Sandor. When he did, Sandor got a glimpse of his brother's intended victim. You.

"Let the woman alone," Sandor growled. In all the time you had been visiting in King's Landing, Sandor had never seen you so frightened. Gregor took in his brother's stance. Sandor was ready to fight for your safety. Gregor shifted his gaze between the two of you and decided against a fight this time. he could just as easily find a whore. He stormed off, leaving you and Sandor alone.

"Thank you, Sandor!" you cried, throwing your arms around the man. Sandor stiffened, unused to that kind of show of affection. "You saved me. How can I ever thank you?" You stepped back and lowered your arms. "Ya don't have ta," he replied gruffly. You crossed your arms over your chest in defiance. "Yes, I do. You saved my life." Sandor said nothing, watching you ponder for a moment.

"You should come to the Summer Isles with me!" you suddenly exclaimed. Sandor looked at you like you were mad. "As yer guard dog?" he asked bitterly. Your brows furrowed and you replied, "No! As my friend and confidant! We depart in a fortnight. Please consider it?" He stared at you for a moment before he nodded. What did he have to lose?

That was how Sandor found himself on a ship sailing for the Summer Isles with you and your family. He spent a couple years by your side as your friend and advisor. That friendship somehow transformed into love between the two of you. No one really understood it, but no one questioned it either. After all, love comes in all forms and everyone could see that Sandor's heart was yours.

You were walking along the beach near sunset when Sandor found you. "Little dove, it is gettin' late. Ya shouldn't be out here alone." You smiled up at him. "I'm not alone now, am I?" He rolled his eyes at you. "That cheek with get ya into trouble one day, Y/N." You chuckled and got up on tip toe to press a kiss to the scarred flesh of his face. "Then it's a good thing you will be there to protect me."

Sandor wrapped his arms around you. This was the side of Sandor you loved the most. The soft side no one except you ever saw. "I was with my sister today and she asked me and interesting question," you said slyly, looking up into his brown eyes. He looked at you in question. "She asked why it is we are not married." He chuckled. "And what did ya tell her?" You shrugged nonchalantly. Marriage wasn't something you typically thought about. "Why aren't we?"

"I beg your pardon?" He gave you a little squeeze, happy to be away from prying eyes. "Why aren't we married?" You scoffed, but immediately turned serious when you looked at his face. "Is this your idea of a proposal of marriage, Sandor? Because I must say it was probably the least romantic way you could have asked." He shrugged, making you laugh again. "I would happily marry you, Sandor." You kissed him once before he pulled away and said, "Good." And that was it. The two of you married less than a year later and had four beautiful children. For rest of his days Sandor was yours and you were his.