Chapter 50

*knock knock* Is anybody still there?

WOAH! Look who's back from hiatus! It's me!! My lovely job has been occupying so much of my time I had to abandon the story on here for a while. I'm going to be trying to update more often and hopefully get this story finished for you all :)

--------------

Rachel's POV

I walked into work ready to start the day. The guys from A Day To Remember were back working on a song and I got to work with them again for this entire week.

"Good morning Emma" I greeted my friend as I walked past the reception desk.

"Morning, you seem in a very good mood today"

I told her everything that happened when I was away on tour. And of course, like a good friend, she was there to console me.

"I am" I smiled back to her as I poured myself a cup of coffee, "I'm working with my friends, remember?"

"Oh right! I almost forgot about that. Well, have fun with that."

I waved her off and made my way to the studio to prepare the recording gear. On the way there I saw one of my co-workers, Jesse, placing a new record plaque on the wall.

"Hey Jesse, who's joining our wall now?" I asked from behind him, unable to see it from how he was holding it.

"All Time Low" he said happily. My smile faltered for a second once he turned around to reveal the plaque. Nothing Personal already went silver, and there they were on the wall staring back at me. "Rachel?"

"Huh? Sorry what?" I was brought back to reality by Jesse.

"I said say congrats to your friends in the band! This is such a good record. Do you think you'll have some sort of celebration party with them for this?"

"Oh, uh yeah maybe I will. Anyways I gotta go get set up. See you Jesse." I sped-walked for the studio and shut the door, trying to focus on what had to be done today.

——————

"Dude this song is sounding awesome!" Jeremy exclaimed to me. The other members of A Day To Remember chatting amongst themselves about the song.

"I wish you guys were doing more than just this one song! I love working with you all" I said as I adjusted a couple of knobs on Kevin's guitar amp.

"Haha, you say that now, but 5 days from now you're gonna wanna kick us all out" Alex Shellnutt chimed in. I smiled and shook my head playfully.

Now I know what you're all thinking. Is it awkward with Alex Shellnutt this time around since what happened last time? And the answer is nope! We've patched things up and I consider him a good friend. No awkward times around us.

Soon enough, it was the end of day one with the ADTR guys. They were just leaving to head over to their hotel, while I stayed a bit longer to get things organized.

It was half past 6 and I was just about finished cleaning things up, when I heard a knock on my door.

"Rachel? You still here?" It was Jesse asking from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, come in"

He walked into the room and cleared his throat so I would turn around to him, "you've got a delivery."

Once I turned around I saw him holding a bouquet of flowers. Roses to be exact.

"Delivery at this time? And flowers?" I was confused to say the least.

"Yeah, I'm not really sure where that came from, but it has your name on it. They were with Emma at the reception desk."

"Oh, does she know where they're from?" I had my suspicions of where they were from, but I couldn't be so sure of it.

"No, she said that she went to the bathroom and when she came back, they were just there. No name on it either."

Still confused, I grabbed them from Jesse and thanked him. He then left, leaving me to just stand there pondering.

I counted out 6 pinkish-reddish roses. Ok, now I think I know where they came from. These were almost exactly the same colour as a certain someone's rose hand tattoo. I let out a heavy sigh, I didn't want to give into his attempt's to fix things up so easily. I found the tag that was hanging from the stems: To: Rachel. I wanna see your face and know I've made it home.

That's all? What the hell does that even mean??

———————

*the next day*

Alex's POV

Tuesday morning. A brand new day. And today would be the day where I take some risks.

I started my morning routine by having breakfast, caring for my dogs (I picked them up from my dog walker who had them during the tour the day we got back to Baltimore, and they had become extremely comfortable at Rian's house now), and taking care of my hygiene. Okay, that wasn't exactly the part of today that would be risky. No, that part is coming up, just as soon as I took the train to get there. Hoping I'd see a certain woman on my way there as well. That didn't happen...

Although the chances of seeing her at the place where I was headed next were great. That's right, I'll be at the one and only Marshall and Jett's Studios, aka the studio that Rachel works at. Hopefully she was working there this week.

I had written a new song and had a lot of confidence that it would be a hit with the fans, so I booked four days there. The rest of the band was going to meet me there later once I got my vocals done.

I couldn't help but smile when I walked through the doors. It was a welcoming environment and knowing that Rachel was in the building, made me more hopeful that she would wanna talk with me.

As I walked towards studio number 4, where we would be recording, I saw a picture of me and the guys on the wall. What?! Nothing Personal went silver?! This is amazing!! I guess that happened while we were away on tour. Now more happy than ever, I strolled right into the studio ready to make a song.

——————

Rachel's POV

Another long day working with the ADTR guys. But I wouldn't change it for the world. They just might be the most fun musicians I've ever worked with. Although trying to perfect this song for them was a heavy task. Since they're such a popular band, I wanted to make everything the best it could possibly be, which meant longer days of intense focus.

Getting tired at about 8:30pm, we decided to call it a day and meet back again tomorrow afternoon.

As I was leaving my studio and walking through the hallways, I heard another band's session. I listened as I slowly walked. It was a full band playing. I heard guitars, drums, bass, and vocals. It sounded really good. I tried to open the door to sit in on the session, but the door was locked. So I began walking towards the exit again, still listening to the band that was playing.

The singer sang along, "Show my cards, gave you my heart, wish we could start it all over. Nothing's makin sense at all..." Woah, deep lyrics. In fact, that voice almost sounded familiar. Could that be Alex? I must be too tired. He wouldn't be here.