Chapter 37 || Year 6

Hermione's POV-

Anger. A feeling I often feel but almost never act upon it. But right now was not one of those times, as my face was red with anger and my eyes a shade of brown that could pass off as dirt.

That was when I saw him, his lips attached to Daphine Greengas, Pansy Parkinson looking at the pair from a distance with a hurt expression on her face and possibly a few tears on her cheeks. I would have almost felt sorry for her if it weren't for the fact that my blood and my temper was at boiling point, ready to flow over at any second, destructing everything.

Instead of turning around and walking away when I saw the two in a very heated embrace, I walked straight up to them, grabbing the back of the blonde Slytherin's robes and pulling him back, shoving him against the wall he had Daphine pressed against only moments before, except instead of having what appeared to be a satisfying time for the both of them, this was far from it.

I had my wand pressed up against his throat, only reducing the pressure I had on the wand that was pressing deep into his throat when he visibly winced in pain.

"I think you have an obsession with me, Granger," Draco whispered menacingly.

"I wouldn't call me wanting to kill you every second of every day an obsession," I hissed.

"I think that if you think about me as often you do, that's an obsession," He sneered.

"Fuck, you are so self-obsessed and so fucking naive. Stop trying to make out that every sentence everyone says is about you, because, well, since your idiotic brain is so dumb, let me make it clearer for you. IT'S NOT," I growled.

He was about to retort with something, but I pushed hard into his throat with my wand, most likely cutting off his airways whilst I was at it. He still managed to put a smirk on his face and raise his eyebrow, his features asking me if that was all I could do.

I grabbed the blond by the neck, replacing my wand with my hand, and shoved him to the ground, a malicious smile that wasn't mine filling my face. I sat on top of him, bringing my fist up behind by head and bringing it back down on his face, doing so repetitively until there was a lining of blood covering his pale features.

I only realised then that the two Slytherin girls weren't there, and had to give a slight amount of gratitude to Pansy, knowing that she would've been the one to drag the Greengas sister away from the scene.

I returned my attention to the boy who was under my firm grasp, him giving me the deadliest glare he could muster, and if I were in my right mind, I would be screaming mercy.

"Get off me, Mudblood," He growled.

"Why'd you do it? Why did you break Harry's nose? And worst of all, why were you such a coward and did it whilst you paralysed him?" I asked, my eyes most likely as deadly as his.

"Why'd you break mine then?" He asked back, baring his teeth.

"Well, that's easy. It's because I absolutely hate you. I wouldn't give any fucks if you went and got murdered by your dear old Dark Lord and his oh so lovely followers," I spat at him.

Draco suddenly flipped me over hard onto the ground, his once welcoming eyes now that all too familiar black shade of grey. He put his hand around my throat, his body rising up and down as he took furious breaths.

"Don't you fucking dare make assumptions like that," He literally growled, "And if you really want to know, your the one who's going to be killed by the Dark Lord himself for being the filthiest Mudblood alive."

"Is that really all you can use as an insult. Because, well, in case you didn't realise, Death Eater, that is getting quite old and has zero affect on me anymore," I  half-lied.

"Fine. You, Hermione Granger, is a person who deserves nothing, a person who shouldn't even be alive, because all you do is affect everyone with your presence. The only reason people can put up with your existence is so they can copy the answers your fucked up brain somehow produces. And, well, as you say, the insult is apparently overused, but hey, it's only the truth. So yes, you are a Mudblood, just a filthy little Mudblood. Someone who doesn't deserve their magic, and shouldn't even be on the earth because of the disgrace they are. Someone who I wouldn't even hire to do my every bidding, because well, not only would you fuck up and fail at everything, you would ruin everything by being in a five meter radius of it."

He didn't dare stop during that speech when the tears began to slide down my cheeks. He didn't even care that he just shattered me, but I knew the worst was yet to come, and sure enough, it came.

"The day you die will be the day I'll finally be happy, and hopefully I'll be there when it happens, and hopefully it will be soon," He grinned menacingly, lowering his voice to a whisper.

I couldn't take it anymore. He'd taken it one step too far, and I could feel my whole body rip into shreds.

I pushed my body off the ground with his hand still around my neck, pushing him hard against whatever was behind us, when he did what I thought I would never do. He slapped me hard across the face, the sting burning my cheeks almost immediately as tears of pain began to mix with the others.

He made no movement to apologise, but I could've sworn I saw his eyes widen, but it was probably because I didn't flinch away from his touch, especially when it appeared that he was going to hit me again.

I just stared at him, bringing my fingers up to my lips when they wouldn't stop stinging, and felt a liquid substance go on my fingers. I brought my hand back down and observed my fingers, looking at the blood that dripped down my hand.

I didn't know how to react to a guy, especially the guy who I had feelings for since I was eleven, hitting me, especially across the face. So I did the only thing that came into my mind, although it consisted of two things.

The first was running, so that's what I did.

I sprinted away in the opposite direction, all the way to the Gryffindor common room, grabbing what I needed and then running back out, not noticing anyone. I continued to run, all the way to the Astronomy Tower, stopping at the entrance and looking at the bottle of muggle painkillers I had in my hand. I opened the bottle and shoved all of the tablets into my mouth at once, swallowing them with the glass of water I had conjured.

I threw the empty glass onto the ground and walked over to the railing of building, sliding my feet over until I was just sitting on the thin railing.

That was the second part. Self destruct.

And I guess everyone has that switch in their mind, each one set up to have a different way to do it. Most people's switches just get left alone; ignored.

But not mine.

Mine had been flicked on, and it had no way of going back.

So despite the voice that I heard screaming my name, or perhaps the voice that I was imagining, I jumped.