Bleeding Hands

• Dedicated to everyone who made an impact on my life

I wandered around the forest floor. My eyes scurried here and there trying to get one glimpse of any sign of life."Guy's?" I paused as I waited for a reply back."Hello?Anybody here?"Where'd they go?

"Guy's? Hey guys!" I wandered all over the forest in search, scanning the forage behind bushes and trees. But nothing made a sound.

"Hello? Someone! Please..answer me." I headed closer to the area where I had left them. "Neil, Pete?" The leaves and the wood crunched under my feet, everything around me seemed still. I stopped.

Crunch!

Wait a second, that wasn't me... I turned my head instinctively toward the area of motion. I smiled. This is probably one of their jokes again. "Guy's..I know you're there." I awaited someone to jump out of the tree to scare me, but after a few long seconds the smallest doubt crept into my mind.

"Guy's really..."

Step.

"I heard that." I pronounced. Whatever joke they were playing on me, it was starting to work. "Come on guys..stop it. No, really it's almost-"

Snap!

I jerked my head behind me..I reacted. The slightest hitch of a gasp escaped my mouth, but the forest whispered still.

I screamed. Something...a sack was placed on my head. My scream muffled; sound was unable to penetrate through. A clanging of some sort of metal was grasped by my ear. Steps..one person? No. Two.

"Let's find the others." A voice with the sound of gravel made way to my little ears.

"Let's go." said the another. Another man.

It was not recognizable to me. The voices. These voices were not from NewBegin. Definitely not. My eyes wanted to swell up in tears when I remembered what my mother told me. "Don't go too far in those woods. Rogues, thieves, and murderers make their home anywhere out there.."

"NOO! What are you doing?" A boyish voice yelled out. Relief flushed through my body. The tears fell away and no more dared to swell up within my eyes again.

Pete?

"STOP! Do not move!" another boyish voice yelled. I've never felt so happy in my 10 year old life!

Neil?!

I couldn't see a thing, but I could hear.

"Where are all these kids coming from!" It was one of the metal clanging guys. The clanging was from his armor for sure. He sounded surprised, not necessarily wanting an answer to his question.

"I don't know. Come on let's get them. They all probably have to do with the prince." The gravel voiced man spoke again. His voice was so deep, it almost sounded like it cakes from the depths of the underworld. "Come down here and you won't be hurt!" said the man. Swoosh!

That was most definitely an arrow!

"Aaargh!" Neil yelled.

Clanging of metal swords soon filled the woods.

Shing! Shing! I don't know who was winning, but I was definitely rooting for Neil and Peter.

"Stupid guards! How many times do I have to tell of you not to go in our forests!" An unfamiliar, but familiar voice filled the scene. I couldn't recall, but I knew it had to be someone I have met. My thought transferred to another thought however.

Guards. Guards in the forest?

"Help, help!" I yelled out just in case they had not seen me. They probably only heard muffled yells and screams, but that didn't matter. Rope was tied on my arms and legs, and I rolled over on my belly then began to do a worm crawl. I used whatever space my hand had and I tried to untie the coarse rope. It rubbed and rubbed, but I was gonna help.