Three: Crap is a Bad Word

My shift ended at two that morning. I was so tired that I almost fell asleep in the elevator. My white shirt now had yellow and brown stains on it from the drunk guys that spilled their drinks on me.

     The elevator dinged and my eyes shot open. Most of the hall lights were off, which I appreciated.

     I unlocked my door and walked in. I shut the door behind me and saw two figures on my couch.

     Sky was talking to Zack, laughing and obviously flirting. Zack was taking it all in. I could tell he liked the attention.

     "What are you doing?" I asked both of them. I was too tired to be mad.

     Sky looked over at me and said, "Oh, your neighbor came to visit a few minutes after you left."

     "And you just let him in?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

     "Yeah, what wouldn't I?" She asked me, confused.

     "Because you don't know him?" I offered as a suggestion. Why Sky would let a stranger in my apartment was beyond me.

     "Get out," I said, pointing towards my door. I didn't feel like dealing with this. I just wanted to go to bed.

     Sky's face fell but she stood up. "Not you," I told her. "Him." I pointed at Zack.

     "Why so eager to kick me out?" He asked me, standing. His smirk was right back on his face.

     "Because I don't like you." I deadpanned. I didn't care if it was rude. I wanted him out so I could sleep.

     He held his hands up and asked, "Can't argue with that, can I?"

     "Leave," I told him again.

     He walked passed me and to my door, opening it. Before he left, he turned back around and said, "I'll see you around, Sky."

     "Bye, Zack." Sky waved from the couch. Glad they were all friendly. Note my sarcasm.

     "See ya, Hot Stuff." He winked at me and left. What was his deal?

     I groaned and plopped on the couch next to Sky.

     "Rough night?" She asked, standing and walking to the kitchen.

     "Very. I think I just broke the record for most drinks spilled on." I told her, kicking off my shoes.

     Sky came back with two mugs of hot chocolate. It wasn't even cold outside but I still loved the drink. I always made sure to have some.

     "That sucks. I'm sorry you have to go through that." she tried to comfort.

     "It is what it is," I said, taking a sip of the hot chocolate. I instantly felt better and more relaxed.

     "Your neighbor is cute." She commented about Zack.

     I almost choked on my hot chocolate when I processed what she said.

     "Please tell me you're joking," I said, grabbing a tissue from the side table.

     She looked at me like I was crazy and said "No, he's nice too. He played well with Sophia until she had to go to bed." She told me.

     "You let him around Sophia?" I almost hissed. That was the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen.

     "I thought you said he was rude and mean and arrogant and-" She began to list off the names he was.

     "He is!" I cut her off. "Every encounter I've had with him he has laughed at me, judged me, or was just plain rude."