The Transformation

The burning didn't stop for even a moment. Instead it grew, engulfing every part of my body. My head felt like there was so much tension it would burst from the pressure. My breathing was so off I didn't know when I was inhaling or exhaling. My vision was out of focus, constantly fading in and out of black, that at one point, I didn't know if my eyes were open or closed. I had truly lost all of my senses. I folded myself into a ball while laying on my bed and trembling. I held my head tightly, rocking myself back and forth . It was almost as if I had gone crazy. The pain was so great, it hurt when I cried. The last thing I remember, before falling into the dark sea of darkness in my mind, was the agonizing pain that felt like I was changing, not just from the inside but from the outside as well.

I woke up drowsy and shaken. It was hard for me to move and, although most of the pain was gone, it felt like I was different. Once I finally managed to sit up and look in the mirror, the person I saw, was not a person at all. I had fur, white to be exact and it had a black pattern. I had ears and a tail. I had paws and a large body, bigger than a cats and bigger than a dogs. It almost looked like I was a wolf. But there was something off, besides the fact that I had turned into an animal. Although I looked like a wolf, not all the parts were that of a wolves. For example, the eyes looked like cats eyes, though mine were much bigger. The fur had a pattern that looked similar to a cheetahs. The face was also a bit more narrow than a wolves and the paws were a bit different as well. This was truly a spectacular and beautiful creature indeed, but why was it me? 

I paced back and forth, not sure what I was going to do. Will I change back? Royce and Aron do so I will to right? My heart raced as I desperately tried to escape from one thought in my mind, will I die? While I was deep in thought, I was interrupted by the sounds of footsteps all the way down the hall. It's so weird to be able to hear such distant sounds. It was amazing indeed, the senses of an animal. I thought the sounds would fade but instead they go louder and louder until finally they stopped, right outside my door. I froze worried about who it might be and what I would do if it were Andrew. 

There was a small tap on the door and then a whisper silently came through.

"Ellie it's me, Aron. I came to check up on you." Aron said waiting for a reply.

"Aron!"  I yelped, but all that came out was a cross between a bark and a howl.

"haha. Very funny." Aron said sarcastically. "If you are going to make a joke about me being part dog, you could at least come up with something better." Aron said with a sigh. Why can't I speak?

"Its not like that! I transformed!"  I wanted to say but of course that's not how it came out.

"I understand you doing that the first time, but come on, using it twice. Is it really that amusing?" Aron said. "Open up already, what if people think i'm just creeping outside your door."

I, unsure of how I would open the door, whined like an animal under stress. It happened naturally and I couldn't control it so I was surprised when it came out.

"What, you want me to beg." Aron said letting out another sigh, he waited a few minutes but the door didn't open. "Fine, but if I beg you to open the door and stop with the jokes, this is serious." Aron said stopping for a moment to see if there was any reply.

"Ugh alright i'm going to do it now" Aron said with taunting voice, still hoping that I would just open the door.

"Ellie, will you please open the door?" Aron asked slightly annoyed. I hurriedly looked for the keys on my table and nuzzled my nose around trying to find it. Once I found it I knocked it down on the ground and slowly started making my way back to the door while kicking the keys along the floor.