40

"No." You stood your ground as Stefan stifled a laugh under his breath.

"It's a shame I didn't want to have to do it this way." He sighed and you frowned in confusion. "Invite me in." He compelled you as you looked at him in the strange light headed daze that happened when his pupils dilated.

"You can come in." You spoke on demand as he smiled and patted your head, you shook your head slightly feeling strange. He goes and sits at the table as you both walk in behind him.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked, steadying you.

"N-no, no I'm not. Damon stop it! Stop compelling me." You shouted at him as he looked innocent.

"I'm not the total bad guy here, Stefan's been playing with your mind too." Damon pointed out as Stefan gulped slightly.

"Stefan hasn't been making me do things against my will." You snapped as he rolled his eyes.

"Will you do me a favour?" He asked and turned to you, you nodded warily. "Never take this off." He spoke sternly as he revealed a bracelet in his hand.

"Okay, why?" You asked as he put it on your wrist.

"It has vervain in it, which means you won't be able to be compelled." He explained and you nodded feeling relieved, not sure if your mind could handle anymore messing around.

"Thank you." You smile and he nods before glaring at Damon.

"Now neither of us can compel her, happy?" He spoke harshly to his brother. "I think it's time we both left, it's getting late." He mumbled and turned to you. "Thanks for the dinner, I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled and hugged you.

"Look at you two, how cute. Where's my hug?" Damon asked as you scoffed and shook your head, you began to collect the bowls and put them in the sink. Ignoring Damon.

"Goodbye Damon." You eventually said and turned to look at him, he pouted mockingly before huffing and heading for the door. Stefan followed behind him as you tidied up the kitchen.

You heard the front door shut, so you went upstairs and got ready for bed, leaving the light on downstairs for your mum.

You dreamt through the night about the dark haired guy that for some reason in your dream you were beginning to like. He seemed kinder and more caring in your dream, which was a stark contrast to the sarcastic and harsh Damon in real life.

Suddenly you woke up with a start, it was the middle of the night. You jumped as your eyes focused on a dark figure sat at the end of your bed. They moved closer until you recognised it to be Damon, you breathed out with a big sigh.

"What are you doing here Damon? And how did you get in?" You asked in a hushed voice so you didn't wake up your mum.

"You invited me in remember? I can get in whenever I want now." He spoke through the darkness. "I'm here because I wanted to explain myself." He sighed causing you to frown.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"I still can't tell you everything, but all will be revealed shortly." He assured you although it just confused you more. "I know you hate me for kissing you, but I just- It won't make sense until know everything about... Us." He paused, you were beyond confused at this point.

"What do you mean us." Your heart was beating crazily and he seemed to sense it.

"Don't worry about it, like I said it will all be revealed shortly." He repeated whilst whispering as you yawned. "I'll leave you to sleep y/n." He spoke as you nodded and snuggled back into the covers.

"Goodnight." You whispered.

"Goodnight." He replied, kissing your forehead gently before speeding off.

Damon was all you could think about the next morning, he was so mysterious that it drew you in. Before school you had an idea,

Do you:

Go to school to see Stefan (36)

Or miss the first two periods to see Damon (41)