41

"Damon?" You call out around the empty boarding house, the door was unlocked so you'd walked in.

"Y/N why are you here?" You jumped as a surprised Damon stood behind you.

"I just need to ask something." You spoke cautiously as he nodded. "What do you want with me? It's confusing me with all of these mixed signals; one minute you try to kill me, the next you kiss me and then last night when you were extremely caring and nice for once. Just... What's going on?"

"Look..." He sighs and stares at you. "We've met before." He says and your eyes widen in shock. "It was a while ago and we were really good friends." He shrugs as you frown.

"I want to remember." You pleaded as he looked at you, before reluctantly nodding.

"I want you to as well." He smiles and gently takes your hand. "But I need you too take this off." He gestures to the vervain bracelet, you hesitate for a moment before undoing the clasp.

"I want you to remember everything that I told you to forget, remember us and remember our friendship." He compelled you as you blinked and the memories came flooding back like a tidal wave.

Your eyes widen, you've known him for months.

So why did he act like such an idiot?

You gasp and look at him, remembering how towards the end of your friendship Damon seemed to change. He was more caring and careful around you, he liked you.

"H-have I ever met Stefan before?" You ask but he shook his head.

"You should go, you need to be in school." He spoke and gave you back your bracelet.

"Thank you Damon, for everything." You smiled as he nodded and lead you to the door.

Instead of going to school, you decided to just spend the rest of the day at home. Mainly because you didn't want to face Stefan after what you'd just done.

Continue to (38)