Chapter Twenty-One

So like I said there is a gap but don't worry things will be explained. The story is not done yet. I just dont like to write too many depressing scenes at once. So lets have something happy instead yeah? So the song is called Sound of Falling Rain by Ryann. Its a youtube guy that plays the piano I guess and its done so well. I call it Jake and Danny's Love Theme because their love can weather through any storm. My dedication this chapter goes to TheWitchandTheCat because how awesome of a name is that? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake

Prom Night

“If your parents could see you know which I’m sure they can,” my grandmother said with a quick glance up above. 

“Really? I just woke up this morning with this hair from Halloween town. I could almost give the bride of Frankenstein a run for her money.”

Yeah I was a little grumpy. Mostly because I was so nervous. So why I stood in my grandmother’s bathroom mirror she started to come it down for me. Then I knew that I really shouldn’t be taking this out on her.

“Thank you Grandma,” I said with a sigh, “I am happy.”

There still may have been a ghost of something on my face when I said that because she suddenly had to look away. Truthfully, no one could get over something like this in weeks or months. I still had my Grandmother so I wasn’t alone in this. Then there was Danny who walked me at my own pace through it all. My friends were there to pick up the slack where he couldn’t. 

I related too well with Nikko now. He never said anything to me though and he kept a distance. In fact I may have bonded with him closer than ever now. He looked after Katie like a sister and so did I. He seemed to appreciate the help.

I looked myself in the mirror and amazed myself. Here I was getting ready to graduate but first I was going to Prom. I choose to wear a white tuxedo for a reason. No one else knew but Danny and I. Grandma helped by making it customized. There was silk to the touch lacing on the line of the jacket. She added buttons of some material that felt like running my fingers through running water. The pants and gloves she even made herself which matched everything else perfectly. I felt about as stunning as I looked. Like an Angel perhaps.

My hair was dark and shorter than it was before, because I felt a need to change something about myself. My grandmother just spiffed up my hair for the night. I surprised that she was never a hair stylist. The effects of black and white really made my green eye’s pop. 

Danny of course was due to pick me up at any moment now. The Prince that defended my heart. I couldn’t wait for him to see me like this. I kind of almost felt like the blushing bride.

“Ah you are blushing,” my Grandmother pointed out and I saw a piece of her old self back again.

Then she took pictures. I had to sit in hopes I didn’t wrinkle anything. My grandmother insisted that would be impossible because she made the pants. I just hoped she was right. Then I had to stand side ways for more pictures. Ice tried getting into a few of those.

Ice was the first to hear a knock at the door.

“Crap hang on,” I popped up on my toes and ran for it while Ice ran to the door with Grandma barking and jumping at the door.

I heard the front door open and my grandmother gushed all over him and demanded solo pictures of him too. I was in the bathroom so I didn’t hear the rest. I got the dog hair off my pants which took longer than expected. Then I re brushed my teeth, mouth washed, and flossed all over again. Now I was nervous as if this were the first time seeing Danny.