Little girl

Harry's POV

Today, my first appointment was this little girl names Charlie. Her file said she was 4 years old and her parents are divorced. I step out in the waiting room to call her name. 

"Charlie Patrick" I say out loud. Nobody responds but then I look around the waiting room and see this 4 year old all alone just sitting on the couch. I walk over to her and lift her up in my lap. She immediately pulls back scared.

"Hello sweetie" I say with a big smile

"Hi" She says shyly slowly putting her head on my lab coat. 

"Is your name Charlie?" 

"Yea. My mommy dropped me off. She said she would be back soon" I nod my head telling her I understand.

"Well, do you want to go to my room and we can see really cool things there" I tell her

"Yea! yea! I wanna go there!" She starts jumping in my lap and I carry her back to my room. As soon as she sees the stethoscope, the blood pressure cuff and the lights, she starts to shake. 

"Hey hey, It's alright. Whats wrong?" I wipe her tears away with my thumb.

"No no no no no" She wouldn't stop saying no.

"Its alright. I promise. None of this stuff will hurt you" I tell her and sit her on the exam table. I  use my pager to call in Louis, my friend.

"Hiya little girl" He says and shakes her hand. I just laugh at his gesture.

"I'm just gonna put you in my lap" Louis says 

Louis POV

I sit Charlie on my lap and hold her very lightly so she won't run away. Harry brings his stethoscope over and pulls her shirt up. She whimpers slightly and tries to move away.

"I'm just gonna put this on your chest. Here, You can try mine" Harry told her. I helped her put in the ear plugs and guided her hand to Harry's heart. She started listening and then giggled.

"Its fun!!!" She yelled

"Yea! I'm gonna do yours now okay?" Harry asks her. She smiles and nods. Shes such a cutie honestly. Harry and I are best friends and I know for a while, that Harry wants to adopt a child.

"Breathe with Dr.Louis" He tells her and she looks at me. 

I start to take deep breaths and she follows me. After Harry is done listening to her heart, he moves on to grab the otoscope and the tongue depressor to check her eyes, ears, nose, and throat. 

"Just turn your head for me babe" I tell her. She does so and looks up to me. I stick my tongue out and cross my eyes. She goes into a laughing fit. Her laugh is so cuteeeee. 

"Okay, sweets. Just open your mouth for me and say aaah. I'm just going to look in your throat with my flash light" Harry tells her sweetly. She obeys him and opens her mouth wide. 

"Good job" Harry says and holds his hand up for a high five after checking her throat. After, he checks her nose and neck and then asks for her to lay down.

"what are you gonna do" She asks in her sweet voice. 

"I'm just going to check your tummy. I promise it wont hurt" He tells her.

"no! no" She starts freaking out and moving everywhere. 

Harry's POV

As soon as I tell Charlie I need to check her stomach she starts freaking out and wouldn't stop crying and screaming. I feel so bad for her but I dont know why shes so scared. 

"shh, look babe, its alright" Louis tells her and rocks her in his arms. 

"Here, let my try" I hold her and rock her too singing a soft lullaby to her which slowly started to calm her down. 

"Atta girl, its alright. Everything's fine" I tell her and hold her little hand. She whimpers and looks up at me because i was cradling her. 

"No more stuff" She says. 

"Yea, no more" I sigh and slowly her cries halt. She starts to close her eyes, probably tired of screaming and crying for so long. I gave her to Louis and he laid her down on the table. She soon fell asleep and I quickly pulled up her shirt. I pushed around her stomach to check for any lumps. All seemed normal so I pulled her shirt down. According to her chart, she didn't need any shots right now but a month later she needs 2 shots. 

I pick her up slowly and take her to the waiting room to find a note on the front desk. It read,

"I cant take care of Charlie anymore. Do whatever you want. Mom" That's it! What!? How could she do that?!

I look at Louis and he nods at me as we think the same thing. Its time to do what we always wanted to do....

AN: Hey guys. Its Directioner_5sosfo. I'm starting a new book. Basically this will be a very interesting medically related adventure for Charlie and Harry. Send me feedback on whether you think I should continue this or not. But thank you guys for voting for my other book. xxx