12

It was dark and Elijah knew that he was putting his own life in his hands with every step he took. But he stuck to the path to the city and made it within minutes, thanks to his vampire speed.

He knew it was a long shot when coming into town, everywhere had been closed, everywhere had been locked up. But hopefully when he had reached the end of the path used to get to the witches quarter, a few people might be up.

His leather shoes touched the rugged path and he walked along, slower now. Passing the trees that were engulfed in the darkness. Eventually and surprisingly hearing the familiar breathing pattern and feeling the familiar presence of the most wanted witch within the Mikaelson family.

"Eloise" Elijah smiled in triumph, her eyes were red and he smelt two types of blood on her body. It looked like she was only just coming back from somewhere she had been for a while.

He could tell because Elijah sensed the blood of the dead vampire on her dress, as well as her own.

"Put up a fight did he?" Elijah asked with a half smile, he knew he had all of the evidence he needed to accuse her.

"Excuse me?" Her eyebrows knitted together as she tilted her head in utter confusion "what do you mean?"

"I mean, the blood on your dress" he pointed, though the colour and pattern of her dress did not match the lilac one that they had analysed. Something didn't add up.

"Can you also sense my own blood?"'Eloise spat, realising what he was accusing her of "maybe you should look a lot..."

"Eloise..." The faded silhouette he could make out to be another, unfamiliar woman stood in the distance calling for her attention.

The young and blonde witch huffed, obviously angered by the woman Elijah could guess to be the new coven leader, who was in fact wearing lilac. He had not met her before, therefore he could be wrong, but he settled with the guess.

And now something definitely did not add up. Elijah stepped back and watched the two walk back into the witch quarters, he seemed so confused. Was Eloise the killer? Was The other the killer? Did they work together?

But Eloise had come from the bayou, she must have been doing something in there, it raised his suspicions and he couldn't help himself. He had to go in.

Is anything ever simple? Elijah kept visual throughout the time he was in the darkness, turning behind him and listening intently. He was sure that the monster was no longer in the bayou, but you could never be too careful.

Especially with the sound of someone's heart beat pounding a mile a minute, almost deafening him. The heart beat synchronised with the slamming of feet against the floor, whoever this was, they were running fast. Faster than the normal running pace, this person was running for their life.

He determined where the sound was coming from and where they were travelling to. East. Elijah turned and sped to the location he believed that would intercept the mystery person. And it did, within a few seconds of him planting his feet on the newer ground, he could see a glow in the distance of a girl in a yellow dress, her hair flew behind her as she ran as quick as she could. He felt an aura of relief when she laid eyes on him, her black hair covering parts of her face.

"Please sir" she begged "help me, please help me" blood smothered her face as Elijah located the wounds on her neck, bite marks.

He recognised her as the witch from earlier on today, the one that stared at Cassie, the one who must've alerted the other witch. Part of him wanted to leave her to die, but yet he couldn't seem to walk away.

"I'm the last one" she sobbed in a blind panic "she's after me, you must understand, I made a mistake, it was one mistake" the girl repeated over and over again, trying to redeem herself to the man she didn't know, trying to make him understand.

But he didn't, Elijah was so confused. "Who is after you?" He asked, knowing the marks on her neck related to the current creature that lurked here. "Tell me"

The girl was sobbing so much she couldn't even being herself to say a name, not even a letter. But her sobbing slowly transitioned into something else, Elijah didn't realise until it was too late. The girl was choking, like something had appeared in her throat, blocking her air ways. Like someone had put a spell on her, a timer so that if she ran, she'd die before she could even tell.

She dropped to her knees, blood spilt from her mouth like a sadistic water fall, her pale skin only highlighting the amount of blood. But when Elijah caught the girl, she was already gone.

Elijah would have been respectful, he would have lifted the witches body up and taken her to a place where she could be buried by her own kind. But he didn't have time, for when he thought it was over, her hard a piercing scream.

"It can't be" he whispered to himself, not only was it two victims in one night, but he recognised the scream.

He knew it was Cassandra.