Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Xander

I left the house and went to the packhouse to get some pack work done, knowing that my mate will be safe with my beta and third in command.

I entered the packhouse, making the pack members to stop what they're doing to bow their heads as a sign of respect. I nodded at them and made my way up the stairs to my office. I sat down at the chair behind my desk and began signing some paper works, making alliances with other packs, and making sure that my pack has enough protection from rogues. Especially now that I found my mate. I'm sure they will target her to get their revenge on me. My wolf growled at the thought of our mate getting hurt.

'Nobody will hurt our mate.' My wolf growled out while pacing in the back of my mind.

"I will make sure of it. Anybody who wants to hurt our mate will have to go through us before they can a lay a single finger on her," I said to my wolf, agreeing with him.

I continued signing papers, making alliances, and ensuring the safety of my pack when I got a mind link from Liam.

"Alpha Xander, the Luna said that she wants to go out for a run. She said that her wolf was getting restless." I heard Liam's voice say.

"She can go for a run, but DO NOT LET HER OUT OF YOUR OR BLAKE'S SIGHT. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Alpha."

I continued doing some pack works with a feeling that something bad will happen. I just shook it off and reassured myself that Sam will be fine. However, that sickening feeling that I had before was proved to be correct when I got another mind link, this time from Blake.

"Alpha! Rogues are attacking us. We're here near the clearing that's leading to a small stream. We're fighting them off, but we lost sight of the Luna." Blake said in a worried tone making ice shot up my spine. I dashed out of my office and ran towards the direction of the clearing, shifting in the process.

As I was getting closer, the smell of rotten trash hit my senses making me scrunch up my nose in disgust. I arrived near the clearing to see five dead rogues lying on the ground. I mind linked some guards to get rid of the rotten bodies out of my territory.

I continued my way to the direction of the stream to see a gray she-wolf. My wolf recognized the gray she-wolf as our mate and instantly tackled her. My wolf started licking and rubbing himself all over Sam's wolf, trying to reassure us that our mate was safe.

My Sam has a beautiful wolf. Her wolf is covered in gray fur except for the white swirl that was on the tip of her left ear. She's slightly bigger than an average she-wolf but still smaller than me.

I noticed Blake's russet colored wolf and shifted back to my human form. I stood in front of him and communicated with him using the mind link.

"What happened here? I thought I told you not to let Samantha out of your sight!"

"I apologize Alpha, but five rogues surrounded me and Liam. We were looking for the Luna trying to make sure that no rogue comes near her but she ran off here. By the time we got here, we saw three rogues with the Luna and one of them was about to attack her, so we killed him. The two other wolves that were with the rogue escaped, so Liam chased after them. " Blake explained.

"I see."

That's when I noticed Liam's muddy-brown wolf running back in our direction. He bowed his head when he saw me and ran behind a tree to shift. A few minutes later, he appeared in a pair of basketball shorts.

"Alpha," Liam greeted. I gave him a nod before shifting back to my wolf form. I turned to Samantha and nodded towards the woods, letting her know that I want to go back to our house. I ran ahead knowing that her wolf was following me closely behind. We continued running to the direction of our house in silence.

__________________________________________________________________